Boomstick Insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doubleclutch, Aug 13, 2011.

  1. geds

    geds New Member

    Mar 27, 2011
    FEMA's safe rooms are intended for use as tornado shelters. I don't think they are looking for store rooms.
  2. when it gets to that point we ALL will be going downhill-fast.
    Kinda like that old saying," when it's time to bury your guns it's well past time to use them."

  3. True, but i didn't even apply for building permits while doing a structural remodeling and rebuilding of my entire house.
    I'm just not comfortable involving any govt agency in my affairs more than need be.
    It is a great idea- just not for me.
  4. ampaterry

    ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

    Dec 20, 2008
    West Tennessee
    I misread the title of this thread as "Broomstick insurance".

    I expected to find out about a new policy Nancy Pilosi had taken out on her personal transportation - -
  5. HunterAlpha1

    HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

    Aug 8, 2011
    Yorktown, VA
    there is nothing i can say to make this funnier, but because i'm trying to raise my post count so i can enter more giveaways i went ahead and said something anyway:na-na:
  6. Gabob

    Gabob Well-Known Member

    Dec 5, 2005
    That is the route we took. Had to get in it a couple of times this Spring
    ($15,000 damage to house and barn). Ours has a concrete ceiling with rebar. Door is weakest point, just a regular steel door that opens to inside so it can not get blocked from outside. Have a seperate alarm system on the saferoom.
  7. pulltabbob

    pulltabbob New Member

    I purchased insurance on my weapons this last year. I had to provide pictures of each weapon and the usual rest of the info. Most insurance policys for a home require riders for weapons and jewelry above something like $5000.00. No insurance, no coverage. Also had to show pictures of my safes.
  8. HunterAlpha1

    HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

    Aug 8, 2011
    Yorktown, VA
    big mistake, now they can tell the government what and how many guns you have, and believe me they will

  9. Thanks Bill, originally that is what I had in mind. I think i'll go with Carver's plan and just up contents coverage.
  10. Blackhawk Dave

    Blackhawk Dave Member

    Nov 20, 2008
    Denton, TX
    You can buy a Homeowners Rider for specific coverage. We pulled data on the firearms from the on-line sellers and got our artwork appraised. Separate policies. Provide details, SNs, and documentation, and your insurance agent can add the rider to your policy. It's a lot better to do that than try to just up contents coverage on collector items
  11. Blackhawk Dave

    Blackhawk Dave Member

    Nov 20, 2008
    Denton, TX
    BTW, if you have an attached garage, you can have a metal storm shelter just set in the garage, and bolt it to the floor. Just be sure the door opens in, not out. If the walls collapse around it, you can be sealed in if the door opens out. I saw one in a house just the other day, didn't have the heart to tell him the door was mounted wrong.
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
General Discussion How to order boomsticks online. May 13, 2007
General Discussion NRA ArmsCare Firearms Insurance Apr 29, 2016
General Discussion Insurance Mail Order Prescription Service? Mar 14, 2016
General Discussion Insurance Sucks Until You Need It Mar 10, 2016
General Discussion Home Insurance Feb 1, 2016