1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bore Sighter Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Zigzag2, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

I'm actually looking for a Bore sighter.

I need something to get me on the paper.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have 1 laying around, they would want to part with?

Thanks for any information...

*EDIT* - 2nd hand Bore sighter located* :D
  2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Try shooting at 25 yards to start. Once you can hit the bull at 25 yds then you can proceed at 100 yds.
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Assuming you can open the breech of the weapon in question, I have found this technique to work well.

Open breach and sandbag the weapon pointing down range at a target or other easily discernable object way out there - say 50 yards or more. Look through the breech and put the barrell such that you can see this object centered in your view down the bore. Then with the weapon sand bagged into place, adjust your scope to be "on target." This gets you on paper very well at short yardages without the need for a bore sighter.

One thought - if you are looking at long range applications - be sure to check your reticle for level-ness, and squareness to the bore. I use a jig from Brownells to do this and it really helps. You would be surprised how a slight tweak away from straight up and down affects your windage adjustment out there past 200 yds.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll post additional info.
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Thanks for all the help.

I located a bore sighter at a reasonable price.

I should be good to go, as soon as I get all my parts and pieces together :D
  5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Zig, don`t waste yer money.....can have you set up in "two" shots. No bore site......just one piece of paper.

LTS