Bore sighter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Txquadhunter, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

I'm looking at Bore sighters, more into the laser type, but open to all. Without going broke.

Which do most of yall use that work well and the pros and cons on them?
  2. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

I have one from Cabela's that my wife got me. Comes with a video and different pins for different calibers. Usually puts me within 3" at 100 yards. I try and bore sight two or three at a time...it takes a little time to set it up. But yes it works as advertised and definitely saves range time and ammo.

This thing runs between 40-50 bucks and I recommend it highly. Plus through Cabela's you have a solid company and guarantee if you dont like it...money back no questions asked.

hope this helps...

swede
  3. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Thanks Swede, I've been looking over a few of there bore sighters in there catalog.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried the New Century Laser Bore Sighter Kit? by what I've read over them They don't seem to bad and in the $50 price range and come covered for Life.
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

personally I think their a waste of money in the micro-wave----GOTTA HAVE IT NOW culture, when you can be on paper and sited in for the cost of "2" rounds. Sheesh

LTS
  5. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

C'mon LTS ...lighten up a little. Ya caint hardly knock Christmas presents ...can ya???

High tech being what it is...it is still fun to play with.

It is just like a muzzle brake...if it makes you happy, allows you to shoot better, and gives you confidence...why not use it?

It works for me... it saves my range time for more practicing and sending a variety of projectiles downrange rather than messing with one rifle for a half hour diddling around.

I recommend them.

swede
  6. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Being a newbie to scopes, I wanted something, to get on paper too. I too was researching the different types and styles and decided to put a WTB ad a few different places.
    A gentleman from GB answered my ad and sent me a FOREMOST mdl. 2501 (a Bushnell clone) to check out, with no money up front.
    That's trusting!
    Anyhow, I received it, tried it and gladly sent him our agreed $20.

Obviously LIK has a guarded secret... this is the 2nd time I've read his remark in the past week or so. lol ;)
  7. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Ziggy, No secret, just grip that rifle in that trusty ole gun vise you make and sell. Remove bolt, aim thru barrel at target, then adjust scope to target. Gets you close enough to start tuning.
  8. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

yep, butt dat don't wurk too well on da 10-22 ;)
  9. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

you right there. only good on bolt guns
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Phishie aint RONG. 1st shot -------move crosshair to bullet hole.
    2nd shot should be at or near wot U R shooting at. Sandbag rest or vise, yur buddy s standing by to twiddle the dials. works on everthing, even levers if U got room under the table (whatever) to "throw" the lever. was that too tuff?

Next week we will continue class on "how to boil water":cool:

Phishie

aw u no da drill:cool:
  11. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

hehehe... never no whachu' com up wif.

Phish orr ol boot. still fun reelin-em-n, huh? ;)
  12. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Thanks for the info guys. Thats why I'm really looking fo one is for my semi-Auto's. It sucks when ya get ahold of a scope someone else had and they got them so far outta whack it take forever to even get it close to paper. I think I'm gonna give the New Century Laser Bore Sighter kit a try, It can be mounted as a laser Sight too and Covered for life, Don't seem to bad to me.
  13. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

they make them now that you just stick in the end of the barrel

and does work on a .22 ,for around the same price

come on LTS two bullets ?

only draw back i see from these things is hunters that don't realy practice at all, using one of these ,and not testing it out ,or not practicing at all , then it not being 100% , nothing po's me more than someone who can't shoot worth a darn ,going hunting and wounding a animal

{ie. my brother-in-law ,guy has 20grand in guns ,and can't even touch the paper}
  14. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

That`s right GP, two (2) bullets and less than five minutes, less time than it takes to EVEN unwrap and figure out a bore sighter.

Pretty simple, gheesh, been doing it for years and it works on ANY gun-period!

LTS
  15. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I'll back up what LTS says. As long as you can put the first one on paper, the second gets ya home.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  16. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

WHAT! U mean U dont need 2 boxs of 300 ultra mag to sight in.

Wiseacres
  17. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

nuff said ;)

Now, let's get on with boiling water! :D
  18. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Zig the first 1 gotta b where u can see it, verstai?
    Ino the answer wot was the question?:cool:
  19. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

quesion is, wha tempetur do water bole :confused: