bought 12ga Firearms Int Corp who is this?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by accident, Dec 5, 2009.

1. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I bought for 75.00 a 12ga marked'-'Firearms International Corp.WASH.22 DC.on the barrel. .On the reciever after removing the barrel, it's marked-"action made in France". What have i bought? hopefully it wasn't assembled in a third world country.Any help in I.D. or info would be appreciated.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

FIC was an importer. with out more information and pictures I have no ddeal what you have.
  3. accident

thanks,i'll try to post some pics.it has no model #.it has serial #86476 on the reciever on the bottom. i didn't mention its a pump action,no checkering,no frills.The barrel is patina color,the reciever,marked"action made in France",is a strange blue colored alloy.I'll work on getting some pictures.Also,even though no checkering or monte carlo stock,it appears of quality walnut...THANKS Joe.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

At best you have bought a reasonably good hunting gun. As RJay says, FI was an importer, but they also had gun parts made here or in other countries and then had the guns assembled here or in other countries.

If the barrels have proof marks, they would indicate where the gun was assembled; if they don't, assembly could have been done in the U.S. from imported parts.

FI guns were seldom world beaters, but they were usually of reasonable quality. If the gun is in good condition, you probably got a good deal at $75.

Jim
  5. questor

questor New Member

I arrived in the DC area in the mid 60's and Firearms International Corporation was an importer of weapons. Great deals to be had, but of course when the commissioner system was thrown out and D.C. elected its first mayor, they closed shop.

They imported many Belgium weapons manufactured between WW I & WWII.

Certainly there is some marking on your receiver and or barrel.
  6. accident

thanks guys,yall never fail to accurately answer whatever problem or question i have.no matter how stupid.