Bought 2 russian SKS...

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Kycats2011, May 8, 2011.

1. Kycats2011

Kycats2011 New Member

Bought 2 russian SKS, differences and value please

I'm a newbie and I think I came across a good deal...I bought 2 russian SKS... Both have all matching numbers with the strap, bayonet and cleaning rods... Both are stamped with Swan, VT. Made in russia... One has a silver bolt cover WITHOUT a star stamp on top but had a small star on the left side of the bolt cover, Numbers are CCCP57742, T.O.4331...the other has the black cover with the star stamp arrow inside with 1953r under it, numbers are CCCP49270, N.O. 3119... I bought then both and 39 boxes of ammo for $ 675... I will post pics later...I'm still on the road... I can email pics if it would help but can't figure out how to post from phone...What's the value differences...which one is with more
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. Kycats2011

Kycats2011 New Member

After getting home and looking at the two guns I've noticed that the one without the start and without the date is original blue metal... The one with the date and star is painted black... Come on guys help me out here...I've done research and found that most likely the one without the date and star is probably around 1955-1956... With it being original blue metal is it more valuable and rare...