The Firearms Forum banner

Bought a Cold Steel Spartan from Cold Steel

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  michael t 
#1 · (Edited)
Just ordered it, this morning (around 7:30AM CDT) and, hopefully, get it by the middle of next week. Anyone else have one of these and how do you like it?

The Spartan

#3 · (Edited)
I would assume that it would be no less odd then holding a sword or knife with a knuckle guard.

#5 · (Edited)
Dude, this thing is HUGE. I mean, it's almost as big as a KABAR, opened. Total length, opened, is a little over 10" and weighs about 3lbs. I'll try to post a pic, later.

Attachments

#6 ·
Cold Steel makes good stuff in my experience. Mine has saved my life at least once. It's just a plain old Voyager tanto point with non-serrated edge.

When I needed it, it performed. I lived. What more reccomendation can I give?
Some of the best money I ever spent.

#7 ·
I'm sure that the very sight of it would make most would be assailants run like little sissy girly-boys.

#9 ·
Very nice. The video was a bit much - with the stabbing of the various items. For instance, it brought to mind the phrase, "gee, I've never been attacked by a hood off the car before, nice to know I could stab through it."

It is impressive though.

I don't think it would be legal to carry that here though. Too bad. :mad:

#11 · (Edited)
How much room between the "horns" for fingers?
Full grip. My big hands had no problem gripping the handle.

It's sharp. You can cut yourself if you tried not to. Cut my finger and only noticed the cut after cleaning my hands a few hours later. If it can cleave a rack-o-ribs at an angle, it'll be easy to dismember a couple fingers, if you aren't careful.

#13 ·
I was exaggerating when I said 3lbs, it's actually 9.2oz.

#15 ·
I ordered a catalog (free) from them recently, it came with 2 DVD's. One demonstrated their pepper spray and is pretty long, the other demo'd knives and swords very extensively. The blade demo also included a LONG spear instruction that was well-done and went in depth (no pun!) into the use of a spear in combat.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Its really smaller than my XL voyager that I now carry daily . I have carried a Voyager for years . I bought a new one in may I have retired my old one . It served me well when I was trucking and saved my back side in NJ early one morning.
I have met and spent a little time with Lynn Thompson. He has a passion for knives and truly believes in his knives . I agree as I have 10 different Cold Steel Fixed and Folders at present .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.