Bought a Gen 4 Glock yesterday

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hkruss, Apr 15, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I went to a gun show yesterday, wanting to check out .45acp Glocks.
    I really liked the G36, but I wanted more round capacity. The single stack grip actually felt very good in my hand though. I will be the first to admit that a Glock will never feel as good in the hand as a 1911 (nor will be as nice to look at!), but this one was close (at least to me).
    The G30 was more the size I would have preferred, but the grip felt awful. So I checked out the full size G21. First, I picked up a Gen 3. It felt like I was holding a beer can! I have probably medium to large size hands, but even if they were extra large, I don't think the grip would have felt any better!
    Then I picked up a gen 4 G21. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!
    The Gen 4 comes with a medium and a large backstrap that can be added for larger hands. To me, the pistol felt good without adding either. Not perfect, but good. I already own a G23, and to me, the full size G21 actually feels better in my hand. I also really liked the fact that it has a 13 round capacity. Based on the feel and the capacity, I bought it.
    While I was at the show, there was a guy who used to work for Glock who had a booth set up. He has done some work for me before, so I went ahead and had him install night sights, a 3 1/2 pound connector and an extended slide release. Same thing I've done on every Glock I've ever owned.
    So, I'm very pleased with the set-up. Now to decide on which holster to buy, and hopefully to make it to the range next weekend.
    If you are a fan of Glocks and the .45ACP round, I would suggest checking out the Gen 4 models. There is night and day difference in the feel. That seems to have always been one of the biggest negatives most people (including myself) have with Glocks. The Gen 4 goes a long way in improvements, but comes at an added pri$e!

2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I'm not a fan of the feel of the gen 4 Glocks yet, but maybe I will become one in time. I used to carry my gen 2 G30 as my EDC until I got the G20SF. The SF has made a world of difference in the comfort and feel of the larger frame Glocks.

But it is very hard to argue with 13+1 of 230 grain .45ACP. :D
  3. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Im jealous :) Was just looking at some Glocks in .45 this past weekend. Don't have the funds at this point but sometime down the line I will have one.
  4. jbrescue

jbrescue New Member

Don't forget about the Glock LEO discount program, here is the list of who can take advantage of the below cost pricing. Just remember, you have to go to a Glock law enforcement dealer.

Law Enforcement Officers for State, County or City Agency
    Federal Law Enforcement Officers – FBI, Marshals, DEA, etc.
    Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation officers
    Retired Law Enforcement Officers with “retired” credentials
    State Licensed Security Companies – Loomis, Fargo, RAM, Securitas, etc.
    State and City licensed Security Officers
    Active-Duty Military Personnel – Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard
    National Guard Personnel
    Military Reserve Personnel
    Retired Military with “retired” Military ID
    Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) Employees
    Licensed Para-Medics, EMTs and Firefighters (including volunteers) with ID
    Commercial Pilots and Flight Deck Officers
    Court Judges
    District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys