Bought a HiPoint 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Insulation Tim, May 22, 2009.

1. aryfrosty

aryfrosty Member

Talk about full circle!!! A post on, (shudder), Hi-Points turns into a thread on Glock bashing. :eek: I wasn't happy with Glock triggers until I learned to tune them. Now I love them and will always have them around at the range. The only Hi-Points that have ever gone through my hands have been confiscated from gangster wannabes and bush league criminals. That says it all to me.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

With the price on em you see why they are popular with the Wanna Be Thugs. They can throw em away and not be out any money. I do have to retract some of my statements bashing Glocks though. I had the chance to put 40 rounds through a new 9mm that was smooth as silk. I am not a 9mm fan but this one shot real well. I dont like the trigger though but the gun functioned like it was supposed to and the best part was it was not mine there for I didnt have to mortgage my children to own it.

I would not go as far to say that I would buy one, but it was a nice gun. For the money though I would still go with the Hi-Point. Cant beat the customer service nor the price.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Congrats Tim, inexpensive firearm that serves as a great club when you run out of ammo. Also, you tube has a couple of guy's trying to destroy a Hi Point and can't do it! You need to watch them, you just won't believe what these guns can hold up to. All that said, they are too heavy for me, but hope you enjoy your new gun!
  4. group17

group17 New Member

5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

This is a 2 yr old thread.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It would seem that we have a lot of new members on the froum that are pulling up some old posts, and that's a good thing! It means that they are reading a lot of posts here!
  7. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Polish the Feed Ramp, clean them and oil them and Hi Points are not that bad.
  8. LDJ

LDJ Member

I had a Hi Point in 9mm. I bought it when they were $100.00. I shot the heck out of it for two years. I kept it under the front seat of my pickup. I just sold it to my buddy at work for a $100.00 dollars. It is a good cheap gun.
    LDJ
  9. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

If you can make a firearm out of reinforced Polymer compounds, you can make one out of Zamack alloy.

Just because something is cheaply made and is not pleasing to the eye, does not mean that it will/does not work and or have a reasonable service life.