The Firearms Forum banner

Bought a Kimber

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Crpdeth 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a 9mm compact 1911 for a while. I've searched for a SA EMP or STI Spartan III. Haven't found either. Came across a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm today and like how it felt in my hand and bought it. Anxious to get some grips from Woodnut and range time.
It came with 1 magazine. Any recommendations on mags that work well in the Kimber?
It looks exactly like this:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/kimber-pro-carry-ii-9mm-3200123.html

#5 ·
I would so much love to have a Kimber. Someday I will get one too :)

#6 ·
Kinda funny that I did not own a 1911 when I went to the Texas TFF meet in 2012. Now I own 4. Wife wants me to stay from anymore TFF gatherings..
:lmao: Wife wants me to stay away from gun sites on the internet!

#7 ·
My wife thinks that I get them all on sale for $ 10 each. I nod approvingly at all of her new shoes and outfits that she also got on sale at $ 10 each

That equals a marriage going on 43 years.

Quid pro quo.

#8 ·
Congrats on the Kimber. I'd love to have another one myself. I know you wont regret it.

For most any 1911, Wilson Combat magazines are as good or better than any factory mags. That's all I would buy.

#9 ·
My wife thinks that I get them all on sale for $ 10 each. I nod approvingly at all of her new shoes and outfits that she also got on sale at $ 10 each

That equals a marriage going on 43 years.

Quid pro quo.
:lmao: I have no words....................

#10 ·
Kinda funny that I did not own a 1911 when I went to the Texas TFF meet in 2012. Now I own 4. Wife wants me to stay from anymore TFF gatherings..
They are an addiction. I will say this though. I had 21 of them a few months ago and I am down to 17 now. I gave one away and traded some for ARs...that doesnt mean I am done buying 1911s....I have a couple different ones in my sights right now...

#11 ·
It came with 1 magazine. Any recommendations on mags that work well in the Kimber?
When I had a full size RIA 1911 in 9mm, I bought some metalform mags that worked well. You might want to try this one: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/19of9mm8rdbl.html
This particular one is an 8 round. but CDNN also had some 7 round ones. I did not get the ones I had from these folks and I can't remember where I got them.

#12 ·
I use wilson combat mags in all my 1911s but I know metal form makes a good mag too.

#13 ·
When I had a full size RIA 1911 in 9mm, I bought some metalform mags that worked well. You might want to try this one: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/19of9mm8rdbl.html
This particular one is an 8 round. but CDNN also had some 7 round ones. I did not get the ones I had from these folks and I can't remember where I got them.
Thanks for the link and to you and Dan for the recommendation. Just ordered a couple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.