bought a new rifle

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by josh, Nov 7, 2004.

1. josh

josh New Member

well my wife bought it for me actually. it is a 710 remington in 270.
    Anyone have one? Like it or dislike it.
    I havent shot it yet so I cant say how accurate it is.
    Maybe you guys will have some insight.
  2. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Never had one, but let us know how it shoots.
  3. josh

josh New Member

well i guess i missed this glowing review of this gun.
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9195&page=2&pp=25

I had never heard of them before. I didnt realize some s.o.b. designed this thing with a plastic receiver either.GRR
    Well I shot 20 rounds through it and it took 12 to get on the paper. the last 3 had about a 2 inch group at 100 yards. Not all the guns fault i am so friggin shaky it is unreal and the wind was blowing something fierce.this is with 100 grain speer bullets and 47.5 grains of imr 3031 so little better load may be more accurate. i intend to pick up some imr 4064 to load up some more shells and get serious about hitting anything.
    So To recap i hate the plastic receiver,the clip is kind of weird to snap in and the scope isnt that great. But it appears accuracy will be reasonable for a hunting rifle. The stock seems almost indestructible and the big fat recoil pad helps some.
    I could have bought a bunch of 700 remingtons cheaper but I am have to have a removable magazine. I can almost buy 2 of these for the price of an old 788 remington or a new cz so that leaves the only relative competition the savage. I didnt like how flimsey the savage forearm felt so that is waht steered me away from them.

So basically Ill decide if i like it after i shoot it some more.