The Firearms Forum banner

Bought me a new springfield XD!

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Double D 
#1 ·
I bought me a XD .45 with all the XD gear and I got to say I love this gun.I shot very well with it sunday. When I get the pics transferred to the computer I will post them.:)

#2 ·
Congrats Ryan. I dont have much experience with the XDs but I have shot the XDMs quite a bit and they are a very dependable pistol. If I were in the market for a poly pistol, it would be an XDM for sure. I think you are going to like it.

#11 ·
if you open up the box and look at the papers that come with your "M" you will see what Springfield says it stands for.
Things like

Match Grade barrel and match grade trigger and a few other things that begin with M
I'd have to get my box out and read the brochure again

#12 ·
MAtch grade generally refers to tighter tolerances and enhanced accuracy. Colt Gold cup is a familiar pistol everyone that shoots has probably heard of that is a good example of a match grade rig.

The Springfield XDM is a match pistol out of the box.

The CZ Czechmate is a match grade race gun. For elite levels of pistol competition.

The 2011 Razorcat is another example of one such match gun aimed at elite competition.

Minimum accuracy standard for a pistol to be considered match grade is 2" or better groups at 50 yards. This is National Match standard accuracy requirement.

In my experience, shooting good ammo, the standard XD is just about capable of that in a fundamentally sound hand. So the XDM should be more than capable.

Truth be told tho, most folks do well to shoot watermelon sized groups at 15 yards, so just about any good pistol would serve most folks well.

#13 ·
The XDM had a few feature upgrades I liked better than the XD, but the XD will serve you well.

#22 ·
I like that Springfield gives you more than a box, the mandatory lock everyone tosses, 1 gun and 1 magazine.
I didn't know I was supposed to throw away the locks! I've been keeping them!:D

#26 ·
What! You guys dont lock your dangerous, scary guns up with those locks they supply? Oh my goodness, if they only knew you werent using those locks...just think how dangerous this world is right now! I dont think I am going to be able to sleep now knowing you guys arent using those valuable locks. Who can I report this to? I am scared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.