bought my first 1911 today

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ns3v3n, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

even tho it's a 6 year old kimber, it's either that or a Xd45, and i dont want another polymer gun, had a usp compact .40, but yeah it came with 6 magazines, 3 of them are wilson combat mags , so i think it's pretty good, i'll post pictures once i get it. 10 more days to go.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Welcome to the family, ns3v3n.

I know you will enjoy it as much as I do mine.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Like I always say NS regardless of how old it is, If it's new to me it is New
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry you have to wait 10 more days to play with your "new" toy.
  5. Good choice, ns3! It's hard to go wrong with a 1911 .45 from a quality manufacturer, and Kimber certainly fits that category.
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Congrats on joining the 1911 club. They are such great guns. There's nothing like the feeling of being cocked and locked!

I bought a RIA GI 45 last Saturday at the Ft Worth gun show and was really surprised at the out of the box performance and accuracy. I had some missgivings since I have owned Colt and the newer Llama, but this 45 may be my best one.

Welcome to the group!
  7. Coltonator

Coltonator New Member

I like the Taurus 1911ish pistol...
  8. stash247

stash247 New Member

Ns3, you bought a fine pistol; but they get very lonely without company, of their own kind, so keep looking for another one!
    If you are lucky enough to have both a male, and a female, they will sometimes breed in the gunsafe, and you may have a family of them.
    I explained that to my wife, every time she noticed a new (to me) pistol; she didn't believe me!
    I don't think the guns much liked her, either, because only after she left did they get to really breeding, almost like rabbits! Oh, well!
    She really is a great Ex-wife, and the guns are a lot cheaper to feed.
  9. Yup, Stash, wives run much higher in maintenance costs than firearms, but, as with firearms, when ya get a good one, the price is well worth the cost! ;) :D And ya know, I've noticed the same phenomenon you have with both handguns and rifles. For some reason, their numbers increase exponitionally over short periods of time without the least effort on the part of the owner! Why, just today, a new CZ-52 appeared in my gun safe as if by magic! My wife keeps threatening to get a prescription for firearm birth control pills every time one appears, but so far (and it's been 30 years) she hasn't! :D ;) :p
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

ns3,

Forgive my ignorance, but where do you live that has a 10 day waiting period?

I know I'm spoiled from living in the western US but I can't fathom having to wait ten whole days to get my new gun.
  11. Try California, Berto. It's 15 days there, no exceptions!!!! Glad I got out of that place 12 years ago! Here in Colorado they do the background check as you wait. Usually takes about 15 minutes and you walk out of the store with your purchase. :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  12. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    :D
    This man speaks the truth.......:D

There just like them darn potato chips....:D

Yep, right again, I'm looking for a Tarus IIIA (minature 1911 in .380) to start my breeding program.

All offprings should be much smaller (easier to conceal) that their full size daddy......:D
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  13. stash247

stash247 New Member

Al, Pistol, I anxiously await the day of the "Big One", when Blythe, Yuma, Havasu City, will be coastal cities, after God cleanses his earth, of deviates, and liberals.
    Perhaps California ought to re-named "Paradise Lost, to Liberals".
    I remember a time, there, when I walked into Mel's Sporting Goods, in Inglewood, Ca (This is a famous place, robbed, and shot up, by no less than Patty Hearst, and the "Symbionese Liberation Army", the 'Guests of honor' at the Compton 'Weenie Roast', a few days later), and plunked down a big $125 for a Browning High Power, NIP(ouch), and was shooting it that afternoon.
    Here in Texas, where I am, and have been, since '69 , we used to have "Texas Stores", that sold both guns, and liquor, and complied with all the laws in doing so!
    The writing is on the wall, for all who read; If you are a 'gun person', "Uncle Cal" does NOT want you!"
    Look to the facts: with a Federal Mandated NICS system, WTF is the state gonna do, with the extra 15 days?
    The States, like New Hampshire, with the least interest in 'Gun Control', have the lowest level of violent crime.
    The States (Focus on D.C., and New York, with Mass, and California, not far behind) with the most restrictive Gun Laws, seem to have the highest!
    Hell, our nation's Capitol is the most violent in the country!
    So much for California, and insane law. MOVE, into reality!
    As to the miniaturizing of the breed, that's almost "Mass. Class BS", as well;
    why pray for tiny guns, when the big 'uns work good, too?
    Just bought an A.O. Swenson 'smithed, 1911A-1, done in '68, on a Gov't model, in the 900,000, range, about 1943.
    Armand was a dear friend, and mentor, to his death, a few years ago.
    But, my 'Breeding Stock', delivered this wonder, older than most of them.
    Now, THAT'S the MAJIC!!!
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Congrat's NS3V3N! Welcome to the Club.

When I bought my Para .45 in December, it was still a 10 day wait. I don't think the law changed to 15 days in Jan. I'll ask my FFL.

In Kal, you have to also possess a Handgun Safety Certificate, to purchase a handgun. Read a book ( similar to the DMV type ), take a test from the FFL, before you can purchase a handgun. If you don't read the book, you will not pass the test, because of how it is worded. The Cert. is good for 5 years, before renewal. No Cert. required for longguns, ...yet.

Before you pick up the handgun, after the 10 day period, You have to prove safe gun handling skills to the FFL & either buy a gun lock, or sign an affadavit that you have a gun safe.
  15. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

i'll try to post some pictures when i get it , 6 more days to go ! yeah in california there's a 10 days waiting period. makes everything much slower... but i'm getting my reloading stuff ready so i dont really mind, when everything is set,i'll be a happy camper.:D