bought my first gun today

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Cloudbreak
    (4/22/02 3:14:51 am)
    Reply bought my first gun today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well the gun shop close to my house has been having a Ruger sale, so i went out and bought my first gun, a 10/22. I can't wait for the ten day waiting period to be up
    Marauder Shreddin

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/22/02 5:05:13 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: bought my first gun today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congrats Cloudbreak the 10-22 is a good gun with a zillion options for upgrading it
    I'm a man of means by no means

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/22/02 7:12:58 am)
    Reply Re: bought my first gun today
    Atta' Boy Cloudbreak... keep us up to date

SkiingFool1974
    (4/22/02 3:32:16 pm)
    Congratulations Cloudbreak! The 10/22 is a great gun, and it was my first as well..... I wish I had never sold mine, but at least I sold it to my friend, so I still get to take her out every now and then.
    On a side note, where are you from? A 10 day wait on a long gun purchase seems like forever. Then again, I'm in the great state of Vermont where there are no waiting periods, nor are there any restrictions on concealed carry.

Enjoy that 10/22, they are a lot of fun!

Evan

Cloudbreak
    (4/23/02 2:32:14 am)
    Im from Los Angeles, seemingly the most anti-gun place on the planet I go to the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and it seems that everybody here hates guns and thinks they should be banned completely. I dont even know what to say to them anymore. Gimme some good arguments, cause every gun conversation i have ends up being ten people against one and i run out of reason why they are wrong, haha.
    Marauder Shreddin

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 7:03:43 am)
    Cloudbreak, I commend you... as difficult as it may seem, you can find the info you need to EDUCATE them. Go to the NRA and RKBA websites... all the free ammo you'll need

Orkan
    (4/23/02 11:11:42 am)
    yep...
    Join the NRA! :)

Here is a true story that i like to tell people who dont like guns or hunting in general:

My neighbor owned a large farm in eastern south dakota... And he was an "anti-hunter" that NEVER let anyone hunt on his land... and went so far as to shoot at anyone he caught out there. He grew corn mostly... which everyone knows is a prime deer habitat. For 2 years... not ONE person was allowed to hunt his quarter of land...
    ... on the third year, he went broke and filed bankruptcy because all of the deer and other animals ate the majority of his corn...
    Within two months after this... i was teaching him how to become a marksman :) He is currently an avid rifle and bowhunter. Still doesnt let anyone but my family hunt on his land... but has the best damn hunting around!! :)

The main point the "anti-hunters" dont understand, is that without hunting... animal populations would over-run us.
    Rapid City, SD... another case in point. So many deer... they had to allow special archery season IN TOWN! hehehe

good luck to you, and have fun with the ruger. Best .22 on the planet as far as im concerned!

-Orkan

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/23/02 12:10:55 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: bought my first gun today
    Hey Orkin, I am the resident SD expert rounds these parts

Did you live here once?

I am in eastern SD, small town called Volin.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 12:17:38 pm)
    Hey Cloudbreak, I dug these out of the archives for you...

Orkan
    (4/23/02 3:07:16 pm)
    sure did warpig...
    I lived in Wolsey, SD for 18yrs.
    ... living in arizona now though. South Dakota has the best hunting in the WORLD as far as im concerned!

Jay625
    (4/23/02 6:35:42 pm)
    Reply Re: bought my first gun today "GUN FACTS"
    Congratulations on your new rifle. The link I have is down right now, but if you do a search for "gun facts" look for Gun Facts v 3.0 or v3.1.......There's about 56 pages of documented facts that the media would just as soon ignore. The best response to ignorance is education.All of the facts in that document list the source, and most sources are federal !!

Cloudbreak
    (4/23/02 8:00:04 pm)
    Is that how my gun will look when i pick it up Zig!!? Haha, just kiddin.

Jay i will do a search for that, thanks
    Marauder Shreddin

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/24/02 9:17:59 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: bought my first gun today "GUN FACTS"
    shhhhh I try to keep that hinting thing secret.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 10:09:11 am)
    The FACT is Cloudbreak, it was fun and educational to build the 10-22.

Another FACT is, don't measure others by your yardstick

and yet another FACT is, Keep your FACTS straight!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 10:14:05 am)
    Matter of FACT, if you haven't already...check this out

discover-net.net/~rkbaviews/links.html

Cloudbreak
    (4/24/02 4:17:28 pm)
    Thanks for the link Zig, thats a lot of websites I can look through.
    Marauder Shreddin