Bought my first Kershaw

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by offeror, Apr 3, 2005.

1. offeror

offeror New Member

Wally world has a clearance on knives and among them were one or two Kershaw Blackout models -- I went back and bought one today after thinking it over. $29 is probably not the greatest price on the planet but around here it's pretty good and there's no added shipping of course. I haven't seen a Kershaw with the safe-assist for less, myself, and some of them are a lot more.

Anyway, it is a quality blade, very sharp (no serrations on mine as per my preference). The Blackout model does have the safe-assist opening feature which is near switchblade performance, very fast and one-hand operation to open and close. It's only about a half inch shorter than my Cold Steel Voyager though it appears about half the size, very compact for the amount of cutting edge you get. Also it has the advantage over the Voyager of being made in the USA. I'm a leftie so the first thing I did was reverse the thumb stud, and that worked out fine, to my relief. It also has a more secure pocket clip than the Voyager and it's removable.

All in all, I'm pleased; it is going to be one of my prime carry blades. I'm reminded again that, as with most things, with experience you learn to appreciate better and better quality products. I look at some of my old knives and laugh now.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I have carried Kershaw knives for years and can tell you the company stands behind their product.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I was wondering if you would go back and get it.
    Guess so. ;)
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I got the Kersaw 1560ST from #1 son a couple of years ago. I hung it in my rear pocket, weak side, next to my Schrade #70T. It is still there. 'Nuff said? :D

Pops
  5. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

I've managed to carry a Black Colt for +/- 20 years now without loosin' it.Best darned pocket knife I've ever owned.Love the rubber grip.

BW
  6. offeror

offeror New Member

Not familiar with the Colt, but I have tried to find another new Blackout priced at $29 with no luck anywhere. Wish I had bought all Wal-Mart had left that day....