The Firearms Forum banner

Bought several Eastern Block country pistols this week. What's your favorite?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  oscarmayer 
#1 · (Edited)
as i have been bitten by the gun bug a couple months ago i am a sucker for deals like this (i am sure they were even cheaper pre-obama, right?):

1) very good+ P-63 FEG - paid $189

2) excellent Polish P-64 - paid $169 C&R

3) unfired Yugo Tokarev MD 57 TT - paid $189 C&R

4) excellent CZ 82 - paid $219 (will be delivered today) C&R

have not fired any of these yet, but i think the tokarev seems to be the best deal. tell me if i am wrong, but this looks just like a 1911 for less than $200! the 7.62x25 round packs a real punch and the gun is essentially brand new. spent 3 hours removing the cosmo and checking everything out.

also like the P64 a lot. could be a nice CC gun if its a good shooter. will see soon.

all in all 4 very nice pistols for under $800! christmas in July. i am hooked, can't wait for more like these to go C&R

i heard the Bulgarian Makarovs are supposedly very good, is this true?

See less See more
#2 ·
took the polish P64 and the CZ82 to the range today. interesting experience. the P64 is virtually unusable in double action. and i am a 210 pound male. my guess is the trigger pull is over 15lbs! WAAAAY harder than any other DA trigger pull i have ever seen. next surprise, the recoil. sure, its a smaller pistol so the energy has to go somewhere (your hand). where i got a serious pounding was the in the area where the thumb joins the hand. no kidding, almost as if you are getting hit with a hammer. strange. accuracy in SA was pretty good though.

the CZ82 is a serious piece of equipment. really pretty heavy but works like a charm. DA and SA pull are both nice and smooth. recoil is moderate. accuracy very good. probably not the prettiest of the makarov caliber guns but an excellent pistol.

#3 ·
after spending several hours cleaning the MD 57 of cosmo, oiling it up and putting it back together i found a very serious problem with this gun:

the hamer did not fall when the trigger was pulled. it fell like 5 second later. SUPER DANGEROUS. and thereafter the hammer refused to fall at all. it will decock however together with the trigger. going back to SOG next week.

just shows how careful you have to be with any surplus gun. i routinely wear thicker leather gloves and milspec goggles the first couple times i shoot ANY gun.

#5 ·
hard to pick a favorite from this bunch i love my tokarev m57 but the p-64 is very handy . once you lighten up the trigger , ouch it's stiff . but since the trigger job it's a peach. the cz-82 is also a fine handgun. out of the 4 you've listed the p-63 is my least favorite but it seems well made and shoot fine but it's trigger is also very stiff.

#6 ·
out of the 4 you've listed the p-63 is my least favorite but it seems well made and shoot fine but it's trigger is also very stiff.
i have to agree. compared to a CZ82 its really cheaply made and the recoil is stout, to say the least.

already ordered replacement springs for the P64. got that one from SOG too, but i got lucky, its in excellent condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.