Bound Book Question..

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by rodog, Nov 28, 2003.

1. rodog

rodog New Member

Hello everyone, just bought my first C&R from SOG, Ive delt with them B4 with another dealer when i was younger. This is the rifle i got from them : RARE! ... (( Mosin Nagant Model 38 Carbines with beautiful laminated stocks, excellent blueing and just overall gorgeous! 7.62X54 caliber and comes with sling, oil bottle, and ammo pouch. A must for your collection! ))

I got the rifle and it looks awsome, all numbers match, etc.
    Its got a lot of codes, a triangle with a arrow or candel in it pointing up, etc, TULA?

Well, back to the issue, im pretty sure im doing it right, but does anyone know how to correctly fill it out? (Bound Book). I just dont want to do it slightly wrong. Here is the template i made from a dealers book, and made it in Excel 2003. Anyone can use too.

Thanks, Rodog

Attached Files:

2. Smallbore

Smallbore New Member

I'm at work and can't open the file you've link to but...
    I imagine most bound books are pretty close to the same. You want to fill out the date recieved, the person/company you recieved the gun from with d/l number/state or companies FFL number. You want to list the make, model, caliber, etc. You also want to list who imported the firearm as well. Usually stamped on the underside of the exposed portion of barrel or on the reciever.
    If you sell as firearm you'll want to include the info listed above for the person who you sold the gun too.

I think that's what your looking for? If not feel free to ask more specific questions.

Congrats on your first "official" C&R purchase!
  3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Yup, what Smallbore said! :D
  4. rodog

rodog New Member

great, thankyou. Also, the file is a MS Excel 2003 file zipped up. Anyone else have problems with it? I just dloaded it again and seems fine.

rodog
  5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

I'm at work also and couldn't open it...wanted me to download something. I don't download anything they don't already have on their 'puters! :D
  6. rodog

rodog New Member

ya, its a file that you open with excel, and have to downloaded it. Its just my bound book.:D
  7. Smallbore

Smallbore New Member

8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

9. rebored

rebored New Member

My version of the Bound Book (Word doc)

I'm pretty new at this too guys. But I created a bound book template in Word. It's set up for 12 x 18' paper and works great when folded in the middle and printed on both sides. Call me if you want more detail on how to use it or if you'd like me to send it to you. And if it needs work or somethin', please let me know.

Happy Holidays
  10. gunrunnerjohn

gunrunnerjohn New Member

11. rebored

rebored New Member

Bound Book

Here's a pdf file of my Bound Book template. It's set up for 12x18" paper so all you have to do is print page one as many time as you want double-sided, then print the whole thing double-sided for the cover page. Fold it in the middle and you got yourself a Bound Book!

I'll send you the Word file if anyone wants. Or if you pay for the cost of it, I'll print one for you and send it your way.

Let me know if there is no attachment. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this technology.

Attached Files:

12. gunrunnerjohn

gunrunnerjohn New Member

What kind of printer prints 12x18 paper? :confused: Very few people will have anything better than 8.5x14 legal sized printing, and the next step is 11x17 'B' sized sheets. After that, you're getting into really expensive printing!
  13. rebored

rebored New Member

Expensive printer???

Yeah, my printer is pretty expensive. It's an HP Color LaserJet 8550. That's why I offered to print it for anyone. We use the printer in our business which is located in my study, so I get to use it for personal use also.;)
  14. gunrunnerjohn

gunrunnerjohn New Member

My bound book was made to print on 8.5"x11" paper, much easier for folks to find a printer to match! :D
  15. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hey GRJ......nice seein' ya back. Where the heck ya been? :D