Boxes of Pinfire Ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 45Auto, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    [​IMG]

Paper box of French 12mm Long PinFire

[​IMG]

Tin box of German made 12mm Short PinFire

The box is tin. Pressed into the lid is the maker's name it looks like Dusseldorf below.

I have never seen boxes like the above for sale. Any thoughts on the value?

2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    No real idea. They would be most valuable to a collector with a near 100% revolver in the calibers that you have.

3. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    [​IMG]

Another interesting box. UMC 7mm pinfire. I had no idea they ever made these.

4. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

Sep 16, 2008
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    its worth a fortune to the right person,

6. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    An great assortment of boxes Lefaucheux54. I enjoyed looking around your website. I wish I could understand the text but I was a bad student and did not pay attention in French class.

Have you ever seen UMC boxes of pinfire ammo in Europe? I wonder if UMC made it for export since I don't see much of it over here.

Best regards,
    Greg

7. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

Sep 16, 2008
    yes , one of these days I'll have to translate every thing in English .... but I think the pictures are telling already a lot ...
    No never seen UMC boxes in Europe , I think these were specially made for the American market .... It's funny , it's not the first time I'am seeing an american ammunition box with a fault in the name of Lefaucheux ..... ( this is the right way ) and not Lefaucheaux

8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Fort Worth
    Lefaucheux - Got any ballpark figure for what a box is worth; I'm sure there's plenty of variables involved, but a general $$$ is peaking my curiosity. Thanks, the sites and info on these has been an interesting read.

BTW - took a look around on the links you posted in the C/R threads, that gave me a good general idea. Thanks again Lefaucheux !

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

Sep 16, 2008
    The price of box's is very variable .... the 2 box's of 5 mm very rare , I found it nearly for nothing ..... $ 30 the 2 and the 15 mm also rare I bought it for $ 200 , the rest was in between ....

LF

10. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Fort Worth

Well this is something that I'll keep an eye out for then, I collect a few cartidges and these are rather interesting. If I find some for a decent price, I will pick it up.

Wonder if primers for these are available at Midway? :rolleyes:

11. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    No. 11 percussion caps work fine.