Boy scout leader jailed for "possession of a bullet"

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by jstgsn, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

Along with all that TSA groping of one's privates - before long they'll have everyone stripping down and flying in hospital gowns. More uber-reactionary B.S. One shoe bomber, and billions of people are having their shoes checked. One underwear bomber, and loose the hounds to legally grab your junk.

Nossiree, I'll pass on that particular invasion.

Maybe airlines could just post a "Fly at your own risk" disclaimer...
  2. langenc

langenc Member

Dont bet the same thing wouldnt have happened with an EMPTY 22 LR case. Going to Canada Ill bet it would have..

Stay out of Canada!!
  3. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

DD I dont know now much International travel you do from FL, but I can tell you that bringing a Weapon, of any kind, is a major offense in Mexico (and having grown up and lived in border states all my life, it's of particular interest to me!)

There was a case when a guy from AZ was arrested in Mexico and thrown in jail, for having a single spent cartridge in his trunk. He was jailed, not charged, he was not allowed what we would call "due process" here in the US, and I was a spectator to the entire thing! one of his best friends worked next to me, and I heard the daily phone calls... getting this guy food, pressuring the consulate, talking to private attorneys... it took MONTHS!!! and this is our ally, Mexico, in the early 90's... and wasnt even a gun or loaded ammo.

TWICE... I've accidentally imported ammo into Mexico without even realizing it. Once it was in my travel bag, I had 2 speed loaders with hydra-shok and somehow they mysteriously vanished while I was taking my morning swim in the ocean, the other time I was riding with a buddy from work and he realized he had maybe 20 - 50 shotgun shells in his truck toolbox and we were already past the point of no return to the US... I said "just play it cool, let them look wherever they want to look, act like we have nothing and we're happy to be here spending money and chasing girls" and once we got past border inspection we radioed our buddies in the other cars and pulled over in the middle of nowhere and promptly removed about 40 felonies from the vehicle.

DO NOT think that our "rights" apply anywhere else. You will be sorely mistaken.