1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

BP .38's

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The Duke, Dec 31, 2011.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Just finished up a couple boxes of .38spls loaded up with FFFG and some Black Dawge 145g boolits.....Best I can recollect, these are the very first handgun BP rounds I have loaded...These will go into my Uberti 71-72 open top...

Took me awhile as Ive still got a very painful shoulder and diminished range of motion from the 'bigfoot' attack of couple weeks ago...Thank goodness nothing broken, but I have definately rearranged some of the internal parts..So I was loading with only 1 1/2 wings to flap.

Did manage to make a dandy powder compressor from a very old Lee .357 Magnum expanding die...A little time on the mini-lathe and it works better than I thought it ever would..

Off to the range early next week to try them out...crippled wing and all..:D
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

cool post a raneg report. I stuffed soem .44 mags with BP one time. they were crazy boring accurate and smoky and stinky too. I just hate cleaning up after BP use.