BP .38's

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The Duke, Dec 31, 2011.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Just finished up a couple boxes of .38spls loaded up with FFFG and some Black Dawge 145g boolits.....Best I can recollect, these are the very first handgun BP rounds I have loaded...These will go into my Uberti 71-72 open top...

Took me awhile as Ive still got a very painful shoulder and diminished range of motion from the 'bigfoot' attack of couple weeks ago...Thank goodness nothing broken, but I have definately rearranged some of the internal parts..So I was loading with only 1 1/2 wings to flap.

Did manage to make a dandy powder compressor from a very old Lee .357 Magnum expanding die...A little time on the mini-lathe and it works better than I thought it ever would..

Off to the range early next week to try them out...crippled wing and all..:D
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

cool post a raneg report. I stuffed soem .44 mags with BP one time. they were crazy boring accurate and smoky and stinky too. I just hate cleaning up after BP use.