BP Derringers

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by NewShooter, Sep 7, 2005.

1. NewShooter

NewShooter New Member

Hi all. New guy here. I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd join in.
    What choices are there for BP derringers? I found a .31 by www.traditionsfirearms.com and a .22 by www.naaminis.com .
    Are there any others and which of these is better quality? Also, do these fall under the CCW rules?
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

They are firearms so they do fall under CCW.
  3. NewShooter

NewShooter New Member

Thanks Country, I want to make sure I dont do anything illegal.
    I was hoping for more replies by now. Everyone must be out shooting their guns. I think the derringer from Traditions would be a better choice since I want to get a replica revolver as well.
  4. hosscartleft

hosscartleft New Member

In N.Y. you can buy one without a pistol license but if you want to shoot it you must have a license. Dosent make sense to me.
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

New Shooter I would probably go with the Traditions myself, If I wanted one of those NAA mini's I would buy one in a basic 22LR/.22Magnum
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

A company called Butler made BP single-shot derringers back in the 1970's. They resembled the old Colt derringer but were made as muzzleloaders. I think they were .31 caliber. Some came in cased sets of two. Nice little guns.
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member