brand name/mfr name list i found check it out

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by oldmedik, Sep 11, 2011.

1. oldmedik

oldmedik New Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't know how complete it is, but I wonder about how correct.

>Marlin Firearms Co. US Mfd. by O. F. Mossburg & Sons<
    I kinda thought "Marlin" firearms were made by Marlin, not Mossberg.

>Mason-Dixon IT Percussion arms; mfd. by EMF Co. <
    EMF - Early and Modern Firearms, is an import company. they don't "mfd" anything.

That's just the first two that jumped up and caught my eye.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It looks like the list is gun markings or abbreviations tied to country codes, not gun makers, but I am confused. I hit on the M section and the first four are French with the country indicated as "FN" which AFAIK is not on any list as an abbreviation or code for "France". Certainly it does not indicate any of the manufacturers abbreviated as "FN".

Jim
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I've used the earmii list for quite a while, It has the country codes but also has alpha listings. It is good for reference. I've used it quite a bit for a starter search. It has a few mistakes but then again too few to mention. It is a decent site.
  5. oldmedik

oldmedik New Member

i noticed the errors also, a good starting point tho. i was hunting info on single shot 12 ga, after enuff rust removed, i found the name dunlap nothing else. it is made by davis arms? maybe from early 1900s i think.