BRAND OF LEAD BULLETS

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/6/02 9:31:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All BRAND OF LEAD BULLETS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What brand of bullet have you found to lead the least?

I just spent half a day getting thr lead out of my 357. They were loaded to about 800fps so it ain't like I had'em smokin out the tube. The brand name was BLACK DIAMOND made in AZ. They were black but should have been called BLACK BUTTER!

I used BULLET MEISTER products when I lived in AZ and hate to see I'm running out.

All suggestions welcome

Edited by: Smoky14 at: 8/6/02 7:02:15 pm

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/6/02 6:09:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: BRAND OF LEAD BULLETS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to cast my own from wheel weights. But I was offered 400 lbs of linotype metal at a reasonable price, so that is what I use now. It is hard enough to use in rifles with gas checks without any leading.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/6/02 7:20:45 pm)
    I have not gotten into the casting yet...however I do love shooting cast bullets. I order from Oregon Trail Bullet Co. They do the Laser Cast bullets www.laser-cast.com
    I have been shooting them out of my 45-70 at about 1650 fps and have had no leading problems. Work well out of my .357 for plinking too. I have heard that they are more expensive...compared to jacketed they are much cheaper. They also are 1% silver so if you run into any vampires you got them covered.LOL swede
    Wyoming Swede

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/02 8:28:00 am)
    Swede: Thanks for the imput. I never thought about the added protection they would offer (the silver)but in this day and age I guess you can't be too safe

I'll look these guys up online

Smoky the greatfull

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 4:47:41 am)
    I've used lead pistol bullets from Western Nevada Bullet Company for several years, like them a lot, even pushing velocities in .45, .44, .357, got very little leading.

Found them regularly at guns shows in Las Vegas and Southern California, and at my local reloading supply stores in greater L.A.

Rich