1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Brass Identification

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Moskovskyya
    (1/13/02 7:12:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Brass Identification
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was lurking another forum a while ago and those guys are discussing how to tell the difference between 6.5 X 55, 7.5 X 54mm that had been made from the same brass. Some of those guys FILE knotches in the rim, use dyes, magic markers etc. It it just me, or can anyone who knows a little about such things, easily tell the difference between 6.5mm and 30 cal?

shooter22
    (1/15/02 10:50:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Brass Identification
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boy, for safety sake, I'd say the best way is a set of calipers or a micrometer. Now the difference between 6.5 and .308 you should be able to eyeball. but 7.5 and .308 that is a different story.

Remember safety first!