Brass Separator

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Scooter209, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Scooter209

Scooter209 New Member

Looking for a way to separate pistol brass by caliber. I have a large amount of mixed brass of 45, 40, and 9mm and need a easy way to separate.
  2. travihanson

travihanson New Member

The only way I can figure is pay some kid 10 bucks to do it. That is what I would do. When I was younger I used to do that for my Uncle's and Father. I would separate them and then de-prime them. I used to love it.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I throw a bunch on a cookie sheet. A lot easier to see the difference. Or the child labor method described by Trav. I would pay them by taking them shooting. :)
  4. travihanson

travihanson New Member

5. Waldog

Waldog Member

Check this out! www.shellsorter.com

They are having a 3 day sale starting at midnight friday.
  6. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    put 'em in a bucket and shake it a bit. the bigger ones will come to the top, the smaller go to the bottom.
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Wonder if those things work well? I think some type of rotary design would work better, but I gotta say, after all the time I've invested in separating brass...I wish I had seen this sooner!

Crpdeth
  8. Waldog

Waldog Member

I bought these during their 3 day Christmas Sale. They are HARD plastic and work well. The quality is acceptable for the $20 sale price. But, his standard price for the two piece set was $40 which I thought was outrageous. He is now selling a 3 piece set for $40 , sorts .45, down to 40 down to 9mm. Or, if you already have his 2 piece set you can buy the 9mm sorter for an additional $15. The $40 price for the three piece set is better but, still seems high for what you are getting. Hard plastic buckets with slots. It would be a nice addition to pistol loaders if the price was $30 for the set of three.

Everyone has to judge their own value. I could just be cheeep! (At least I'll admit it!)
  9. shellsorter

shellsorter New Member

I just found this forum by following all of the referrals to the website.

We just got our first batch of 9mm pans, they ship separately if you already bought a set of two. You can also buy the full set of three. We ship every day at noon, so if you order before then it will get out immediately. If you want it by Christmas, order soon. These make great Christmas presents for somebody who has everything, as they don't have one of these.

www.shellsorter.com

Merry Christmas
  10. tom vito

tom vito New Member

Seems to me that you will still be sorting by hand. Maybe not as much, but aren't you going to get 9mm, .380, 9mm Mak, all in the same pan? And thats not even bringing .357, .38. .44, or .45LC into the picture. Not to mention all of the others that I have forgoten. I really only thought of the ones that we shoot.
  11. Waldog

Waldog Member

You are absolutely correct! But, I was really only interested in sorting 45 ACP and 40 S&W from everything else. As far as 357, 44 mag, etc., and all the rest of the revolver brass; It never gets 'spit" all over the range like my auto's ammo. I just empty my revolver chambers into my range bag.
  12. tom vito

tom vito New Member

I do the same, empty it all into thr range bag. That in itself adds to my problem. The wife empties her 9mm brass into my range bag also....:eek: