Breakfast casserole

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by sniper69, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sniper69

sniper69 Member

This casserole is always popular whenever I make it. The original recipe came from a lady at church. Only thing I do different is using venison sausage instead of pork sausage. Other peppers can be used as well. I like to add some thai hot peppers from the garden to give it a little more kick. :eek:

here's the recipe.
    Breakfast casserole
    4 cups of monterey jack & colby cheese - shredded
    12 eggs
    1 cup milk
    2 Tbs. Flour
    1 pkg sausage (1 pound)(I use my recipe for venison sausage)
    1 jar pickled jalapeno slices

In casserole dish sprinkle flour in bottom. Then add grated/shredded cheese. Mix eggs and milk together, then pour on top of cheese. Add browned sausage and put jalapeno slices on top. refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.

other cheeses can be used also. I have used mexican blend and taco blend cheese (this is sold under various brand names at the grocer). I've also used blends of white sharp cheddar and colby. If in a hurry this can be done up the same day it is going to bake. I recommend a little non stick spray (like pam) if doing the same day and not allowing it to refrigerate over night.
  2. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 New Member

Sniper: I would give my left cohonie to be able to eat your casserole but my two stints would have a bird if I ate it at my age and with my lipid count. It's a bad thing having a young mind trapped in an old fart body!!!!

jeanp1948
  3. sniper69

sniper69 Member

jeanp - just make it for a group and have a little while everyone else eats the rest. ;)
    It almost sounds as bad as one gentleman from class that had a piece of the banana cake I made. His wife got onto him saying to him that you know you can't have that. His reply - i just wanted to have a taste. She promptly took the plate and polished off. :D
  4. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 New Member

Sniper:
    My wife of 39 years is on me all the time. My philosophy is that I would rather eat what I want, smoke cigarettes when I want, have a couple of beers when I want and be able to stand myself than follow all the rules and live maybe 6 months longer and be miserable.
  5. sniper69

sniper69 Member

understandable. I know quite a few people with that philosophy. :)
  6. Neil L

Neil L New Member

1942, 3 different stints, 44years!!!!! Moderation, moderation, moderation & a beer. Best to all, Neil