bridge gun co?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by remington1990, Dec 3, 2011.

1. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I have found a old bridge gun co 410 shotgun I probably can get it pretty cheap been thinking on getting it in rough shape
    but the barrel and acition is in perfect shape hammer very strong the main problem is the stock is broke where it meet the action and it needs rebluing. The only reason I am looking at it is because the lady who has it is in need of money I guess for christmas so the money would be going to something good I know I could do the stock and reblue it thanks
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The name Bridge Gun Co. is a trade name that was used by Crescent Firearms Co. Google Crescent and you should get a wealth of information. Numrich has some parts but I doubt that they have any stocks.
  3. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I looked on numrich the have the forearm but not the rear stock I got to thinking a about it I think the stock is repairable I got to look at it more what dates was they made in. I all so heard that stevens made some of them thanks
  4. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

BRIDGE GUN CO is a "Trade Brand Name" that was used by three makers, Crescent Fire Arms Co of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1931),Harrington & Richardson Arms Company of Worchester,MA (1871 to 1985)and Stevens Arms Company of Chicopee Falls,MA (1864 to present) Crescent and H & R parts are goin to be hard to find. Modern Stevens parts may fit. I never was able to find any forearms or butt stocks and had to make my own. If you need any more information contact me at Nedfall@comcast.net
  5. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I can't post pic on here because this so call smartphone wont let me so I put a picture on photobucket my username is jrbaker1990 how could I tell who made it. The main spring it in very good shape the barrel is tight where it meets the receiver the barrel release is fine the only part I think I will need is the stock bolt thanks
  6. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

Go to your local hardware store, go back to the bolts and screw section, find the long bolt bin and pick up a six inch 1/4-28 threaded bolt or screw. It'll fit the hole in the back of the frame/receiver. If it'a a bolt, you'll have to cut a slot in the head for a screwdriver.
  7. remington1990

remington1990 New Member

I called a bolt store (fasternal) they said they would have one. One other part that's missing is th the rear plate is gone I know numrich had one for crescent arms but I don't know thanks