1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

BRITISH Military website - County of KENT

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Kent Detective, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Kent Detective

Kent Detective New Member

Thought you chaps (sorry guys) might be interested in my own little website. Of course many of you white Anglo-Saxon types will originally hail from these here parts. In fact most white Americans will probably have some degree of BRITISH blood running through your veins. Our countries are tied together and our gallant soldiers face the common enemy every single day. We share the same culture. We are (almost) the SAME. Long may it continue...

http://www.kentfallen.com/

It contains 6Gig of data mainly concerning BRITISH war dead from all conflicts.

It's getting in excess of 20,000 unique visitors every month which seems pretty good to us.

Enjoy. Best wishes to all my American cousins across the BIG pond.
    Neil
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

You missed one important corollary...

We speak (almost) the same language.

BullShoot
  3. whirley

whirley Member

My grandparents came from Kingswinford, Staffordshire and were married in Litchfield cathedral parish house. Ordinary folks couldn't afford a Cathedral wedding in 1875. The earlier ancestors came from the midlands in 1640. Several proudly served under Arnold against Burgoyne. They blame his troubles on backstabbing Massachusetts politicians. Mass. still owes him 6000 pounds. A comparatively wealthy man in 1774, he pauperized himself supporting the Revolution. Today I often have difficulty understanding some of the BBC news broadcasters. The English language is not a dead language, but thrives.
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Closest I come is Gaul, (French Celt but who originated in the Iberian peninsula). Mostly Scandinavian Gaul and Bohunk and the Bohunk is why I am so much prettier than my Brit cousins, distant cousins.:D

http://www.kentfallen.com/

Sobering site, thanks for posting.