Brits freak out over .22 cartridge

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by kalash, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I wonder if they were looking for a suicide bomber that dropped the ammo because they changed there mind and decided to live.
  2. clmanges

clmanges New Member

What'll they do next, go into everybody's kitchens and clean out all the steak knives??
    Personal responsibility -- and common sense -- are being legislated away. Sad.

Life is risky. They should learn to deal with that fact.
  3. davidlw

davidlw New Member

Speaking as a 'Brit' you needn't take the bit of gutter press reporting too seriously. It wouldn't have made a difference whether is was a .22 or .50 BMG the general moronic public wouldn't have known the difference. The press here will do ANYTHING for a story no matter how trivial. The sad thing is we live in a nanny state. I say to those across the pond, don't make the same mistakes we did.

To to exeplify. Last April I joined the local rifle club (has a 450 yard indoor range!) and I've yet to receive my firearms licence. I had to be a member for 3 months before applying and so far I've waited over 5 months for my application to be approved by the police. Okay, that's for 5 guns but any variation i.e. changing or adding the number or type takes another 4 months and a £40 fee. No walking into a store, getting an instant check and walking out with what you want.

Don't go there. Fight for every gun right you can possibly have. Oh, and don't carry ANY sort of knive not even a pocket knife as you might cut yourself or contribute to the general decline in society.
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

David, Welcome to the forum; guess I might just be the first, of many, you'll hear say that!
    I've watched a once proud nation be taken over, from within, where you are at, another, Down Under, a third, next door; I learn well, from the mistakes of others, as do many in this nation, although, the question will always be, is many, enough?
    Should you decide to relocate, let me know; you have an 'instant sponsor', should you need one, and a place to stay, if you can learn to think 'hello', and say "HOWDY".
    If Texas is not THE 'gun friendliest' state, in the US, it's #2, or 3.
    All the best, and again, HOWDY!
  5. First off, let me second Stash's welcome to TFF, David. Drag up a rock and join us in a toast to the rights of gun owners. You won't find any around here who disagree with your sentiments. Oh, and if you'll join us in that toast, do be aware there are a few non-Philistines around here who do prefer a fine Scotch or Irish to American bourbon. ;) We mangage to keep the bar stocked up with a wee bit 'o Glenmorangie and Jamison for the more refined palates among us. :D
  6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

It's good to see the real deal from a real person. Saw the bit about the found .22 months ago, and have not returned to it, but glad I did. Welcomes must be getting old by now, but welcome anyway, davidlw :)

LL
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  7. pistolchamp

pistolchamp New Member

Re: Brits would freak out over me!!!

As a long time world traveler and hunter I just plain avoid England when I travel... and its a shame, great places to visit, wonderful people and a beautiful countryside.

However, I often travel with firearms and that just won't work if passing through England. One destination is Texas to Tanzania as we own business there and, of course, hunting is wonderful.

To go through London I have to get off at Gatwick and travel by bus all the way to Heathrow and go back through security and head to Oman and then to Tanzania.... not a chance, the bobbies would have me in chains instantly and the Omanies would just plain poop their drawers, so we now fly through Zurich direct to Dar-Es-Salaam and have no problems. It costs about the same, takes the same amount of time and eases my mind.

Once in TZ we can strap on our pistols, throw our rifles over our shoulders and head for the bush... heaven, almost as good as Texas.

My wife loves Galstonbury, but I promise its the most messed up place I have ever been, the fruit cake liberals of England must have purchased then entire place... crime is rampant and the police basically ignore it... I'll not go back, King Arthur or not.