Broad daylight intruder shot and killed (another one)

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mjp28, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

A man broke into a home in Boardman Township and was shot dead by the homeowner. Many questions surround what the alleged intruder was doing there and how the case will be handled.

Boardman Police swarmed 5011 Lockwood Boulevard just after 3 p.m. Tuesday. Officers caught a man running through the backyard and went into the home to find the homeowner, who friends identified as Kevin Neal, and a second suspect shot to death.

"The homeowner was home. The entry was gained through a sliding glass door by smashing it out with some object and he came into the house and confronted him in the kitchen," said Capt. Donald Hawkins, Boardman Police Department.

The call came in as a possible home invasion, but police said Neal, the victim and the alleged getaway driver all knew each other. The nature of that relationship isn't known at this time.

Across the street, the xxxxxxx (deleted name) family said their son, xxxxxxxx, was getting off the bus from Boardman High School at the same time as the incident was happening. The bus blocked the second suspect from getting away in a green Dodge.

"I turned around, and they're like, 'hey, stop!' And I'm like, what are they yelling at?" said xxxxxxxx. "And I see the guy get out of the car, and he's just running up like the fence over there, and he just hops the fence. And the police are like, 'I'm gonna tase you!' and I'm like wow, I'm in the middle of a police chase. This is crazy."

xxxxxxx mother, xxxxxxxx, said she saw the same green car slowly driving up and down the street all day.

Police searched the home and found several weapons inside.

Neal and his attorney said he fired the shot in self-defense after the intruder broke into his home.

It's unclear what, if any, charges will be filed against Neal and the driver.

"It's way, way too early for something like that," said Hawkins. "We have to sort this whole thing out and see what spawned this event."
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Why everyone needs to know how to protect themselves!

You never know if you'll be a victim or innocent bystander caught up in something.
  3. NRA_guy

NRA_guy New Member

Wonder if they confiscated the guns? Sometimes they do---leaving the homeowner defenseless when the perp is released on bond or plea bargains down to a misdemeaner and gets a fine and suspended sentence.

Obviously, the dead perp poses no threat, but his buddies might.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I'd put more motion sensors and other things out.

I'd also go right out and buy a few cheap shotguns or pistols.
    Carry pepperspray, etc, might make you quite nervous about things.
  5. jbrescue

jbrescue New Member

This crap is happening way too often lately. There was a break in and subsequent fatal perp shoot in Elyria the other day. This was after the kid broke into the same house two days in a row. Then, the friends of the dead perp came over and kicked the crap out of the homeowner.
  6. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I agree with Mjp, Have backup guns and don't tell the cops about them.
  7. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

if my friends or neighbors were the homeowner I would loan them an "interim" weapon. no doubt about it. my friends would do the same. some would even do some "scouting" for return visitors