The Firearms Forum banner

broke pawl hand spring brand new uberti 58

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  brick196 
#1 ·
i just bought this 5 days ago finally got to shoot it today my son and i put 92 shots down range with only a few misfires that i blame on the #11 caps and the cci brand went and got some remington #10 and no more miss fires.so i go home get her cleaned up reassemble her spin the cylinder and i hear nothing then i notice that it spins both ways then i notice that on cocking it the cylinder dont move at all unless pointed down hill wtf its brand new any advise would be appreceated it is warrented but i just got it broke in and really dont want to send it in for repairs and i do believe it was there last one so replacement might take months.

#4 ·
What the heck. I saw this in the other thread.
Well, I suppose learning to fit the part is all part of the experience.
Five year warranty???
These guns come with a warranty? I never knew that, tho' since I got mine from Cabelas, Cabelas might offer some warranty.
As to this 5 year warranty, what do you have to do? Ship it back to Italy?
I think learning to fit the part would be the best option, and the quickest. If you can get the spring shipped to you from Natchez or wherever.
When I was young down in Indiana we had a flat tire. With a bent rim. And a farm boy took the tire and a few of us in his pick up truck out to their farm, and fixed the tire. Banged the rim back into shape on an anvil.
And he said "you see, that is what your farm boys can do for you."
But as city slickers we liked the idea, and did take things apart and fix them ourselves.
dc

#5 ·
Yea on the uberti web site it says as long as it was imported they stoeger and mine is there is a five year warranty against everything but normal ware an tear and I would think that only having the gun for five days that there is no we're and tear I just don't want to give the gun up to be sent for repairs so I'm hopeing for an exchange but I don't know how this works for a gun I never had a problem with any of my guns in over 30 years of gun ownership I'm going to we're I bought it today but man are they busy now a days its Gona take a couple hours and I know I'm Gona have to leave it so they can send it out for repairs and they are going to put a factory spring back in it and I'm going to have the sme problem I'm trying to find a Wolff spring but has far as I can tell from there web site they have everything but a hand spring for the 58

#7 ·
Yea I ordered parts but after talking to the shop where I bought it they told me it would void my warranty if I did it my self and so I let them send it in it don't cost me anything and I figured why should I void a 5 year warranty I can do without it for a while especially sence I bought another one when I was visiting another local gun shop they had a 51 navy made by asm used never fired they was asking $185 I offered $150 so we setteled at $165 I hope I did good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.