Brother shot himself today with

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JUNKKING, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

my lil bro was the fire bug of the family. There wasnt a room in the house I grew up in that hadnt been caught on fire at least once. My mom and dad were smokers and left their lighters laying around for ornery kids to get ahold of them..
  2. jakrabid

jakrabid New Member

Ouch, i'm glad your brother is okay Junkking.

This thread makes me think of the vision on youtube of the guy test firing the .50 cal and managing to shoot himself in the head with it. I'm guessing everyone here has already seen it though, so I won't post the link.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yup. knocked his headset right off. he lucked out.. BIGTIME
  4. jakrabid

jakrabid New Member

Two words come to mind...

'Darwin awards'.
  5. geds

geds New Member

He doesn't qualify - he survived! :D
  6. Downriver

Downriver New Member

A story told me by a Marine buddy from when he was on embassy protection duty overseas. He was working the midnight shift at an interior security post, and decided to clean his .357 revolver (keeping his shotgun at hand just in case). He unloaded the weapon, cleaned it, pulled the trigger through several times to check the action, reloaded it, and then ("I never knew why," he said), he pulled the trigger once again. BOOM.

He was sitting in a chair and nearly knee-capped himself, but fortunately the round just missed him and hit the desk. As he had no ear protection, the blast briefly affected his hearing. As his hearing recovered, he heard a hissing noise from the desk drawer he had hit. He opened the drawer just in time to have the tear-gas grenade he had shot go off in his face.

Now choking and realizing he needed help, he picked up the emergency line to the nearby Marine housing. All his buddies heard was him gasping for breath and barely managing to get out the words "accidental discharge." Thinking that he had shot himself, the entire detachment ran the three blocks to the embassy and charged into the office, and all of them were instantly gassed as well. Fortunately, the Marine who had the AD got away with just a reprimand.

Two months later, another Marine working mids at the same desk managed to have the shotgun AD into the ceiling. Before the office opened the next morning, the hole had been patched, plastered and painted, with nobody outside the detachment any the wiser.

Ya gotta love them Marines. Semper Fi to all you present and former Devil Dogs.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  7. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Rookie city cop right out of the academy and first night on duty...His patrol Sgt had just finished a training sesson with him on how to strip and clean his Glock .40...Had the guy repeat the procedure several times and reminded him never do this with a magazine inserted in the gun and always make sure chamber is clear...Sgt goes to his office, sits at desk, hears loud bang, feels sudden pain in his calf and realizes hes been shot...:eek:

Yep..rookie tried it on his own...dropped the magazine..got that right...released the take down lever, OK so far...pulled the trigger to release the upper and BANG...Forgot to clear the weapon first..:eek:

Round hit the floor, ricocheted through the wall and gave his Sgt a very nasty bruise on his lower leg...The Sgt, a good friend of mine, has one of the coolest demenors of anyone I have ever known..Always polite and courteious....Never curses, never loses his cool, never gets angry...Well...Almost never...But some say he lost it all that night...:rant: :rant::rant::rant: Story goes the rookie took off through the door with his Sgt "hobbling in hot pursuit"...:D..
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  8. geds

geds New Member

We had a Police Chief back in the 70s that carried a sawed off shotgun in a mount by the dash board in his patrol car. More than once he added a sunroof to his patrol car by catching the trigger as the placed the shotgun in the mount! :eek:

Come to think about it, it seems he was hard of hearing when he finally retired......
  9. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    As were telling stories of shooting ourselves...A few months back I took my best friend shooting for the first time with his wife. We were having fun till she decided to say something to piss him off and as he was aiming downrange with it cocked and finger on the trigger he turned my way,(his wife was behind me) to say something back and BANG! he looked at me and I looked at my feet to see BB's in a half moon right in front of my foot. How he missed my foot I'll never know.I didn't let him shoot anymore but the last time I took him shooting I made sure his wife didn't come along. :D
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That wasnt his wifes fault IMO. Sounds like she was just being a woman, doing what women do best.. pissing men off. He should have had the mind enough to know what destructive abilities he had in his grasp and handled it accordingly.

That reminds me of my brother, Brett. He bought an M91/30 back when they were on every gun rack in every gunshop by the hundreds for 80 bucks. He took it home, I helped him clean it up and we went to shoot it. shot great, high like all mosins but good and tight. Later that night his woman started in on him for spending the 80 bucks, which left them short for her to have her nails done after all the bills were paid and groceries bought, anyway it escalated to a boiling point and she threatened to pawn it while he was at work the next day, and he told her not if he kills her with it first.. so they raced to the closet to be the first to get the rifle and he got to it first and loaded it and pulle dit on his woman. Irresponsible little turd lost it the next day anyway. I went and picked it up and took it to my dads house to be locked away in his safe only to be used under full supervision. It sucks, a 25 year old man you have to treat like a little kid because he cant control his temper.
  11. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

most gun control is bulls**t, but there are some people who shouldn't have guns. i'm sorry to hear that it hit so close to home.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It is what it is. I dont think he would have shot her with it intentionally even ans angry as I have seen him get. But the point is he pulled a loaded weapon on his woman in anger. and an accident could have easily happened. Just no excuse for that crap IMO.
  13. terminator

terminator Member

Could have gone much worst! Lucky guy!
  14. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Did you perform this "boom-a-rang bullet" trick before we learned not to chew on lead fishing weights?
  15. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Boy, I would have "hot" if I had come home and found out that someone let the police in to my house like that without a warrent.

No matter how comforting, re-assuring, and polite a police officer comes across, always remember that he is there to gather information to use against you to prosecute you.....never to gather information to reward you or help you. Information he gathers that will help you is considered "hear-say", and that is not allowed to be repeated in court.