Brown Water Navy?

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by Grandpa Shooter, Jan 9, 2012.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Welcome to all of you river rats who are here. I was at dong tam on the army side in 69-71. We had the jeeps with the big azz searchlights in the back and went out at night looking for chuck. Welcome home to all of you.
  2. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

I remember the 3 rocket attacks. 3 rockets that walked thru dong tam and few hours latter 3 more 2 hours latter 3 more.

I got up for the first 3 and tried to find a bunker. They were ALL filled up. The next two attacks I just rolled over, told my shipmates I going to sleep, if I die it will be in my sleep. ROlled over and went back to sleep, slept thru the third attack.
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I first got to Dong Tam in early 69, not long after the 9th Division ammo dump- took a direct hit. It still had hot spots and ocassional explosions inside the berm.
    Sea Bees were still replacing some of the doors that got blown off of our 2 story barracks building that we shared with the Dusters and quads units.