Browning 1903 serial numbers

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by haommeun1, Sep 19, 2003.

1. haommeun1

haommeun1 New Member

Hi. I have several Browning 1903 and Husqvarna 1907 pistols. I know how to track date of construction on the Husqvarnas, but not on the Brownings. I am especially interested in learning when my 1903 with serial number 54XX was made. Can anyone help? Would greatly appreciate any info you can get or refer me to. Thanks!
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi haommeun1 and welcome to TFF. Nice to have you join us. My books do not list the 1903 pistol or the Husky. You will probably need to contact Browning about it. Sorry.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hello haommeun, allow me to welcome you to The Firearms Forum too.

Note that 58,400 were mfg. between1903-1939.

Possibly someone will have the required reference material to
    be more helpful.
  5. haommeun1

haommeun1 New Member

Thanks to all for attempting to help. You know, gun people are good people--"an armed society is a polite society." If anyone learns anything alse regarding serial numbers on FN 1903's, I would appreciate having that information.
  6. warpig

warpig Guest

I have a book on dating Browning guns.

It would appear that my evil better half has hid it from me. I will ask her where I would have left it and post the info when I find it.