Browning 1910

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Frank13, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Frank13

Frank13 New Member

I have a Browning 1910 that I can find no information about from Browning. Believing it is pre WWII and was never shipped to US for sales, atleast thats what Browning Corp says. One side says Browning Arms Company St. Louis & Montreal P.Q. or P.O., Made in Belgium. On side of front trigger guard is a sideways H. On the Ejector side, on frame 621307, on side of front of trigger guard, from front towards trigger, a sideways W with a small star above W, next symbol looks like an upright figure, kind of like a stick figure, a solid line under stick figure and under that solid line is P.V. On the barrel, same symbols as on trigger with one more at the bottom, kind of a pineapple shape or oblond circle with a rounded crown on top, inside oblong circle are letters, top letter is E. Bottom two letters are LG, with a small star under the LG. Barrel also says CAL9M/M00 But this gun does take 380 bullets. The gun is in good shape and still shoots. Any info you can provide would be great.
    Happy New Year!! Frank13
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The letters are "P.Q." for Province of Quebec (Canada). The barrel should read "CAL9mm/380".

It is definitely post-WWII and guns with that marking were intended for export to the U.S. and Canada. I can't tell you the date of manufacture, but probably someone can. If the gun was legally imported, it had to have been prior to late 1968 because it could not have been brought in legally after the Gun Control Act of 1968 became effective.

The other markings are factory inspection marks and Belgian proof marks.

Jim