Browning 2000?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mo jenkins, Nov 20, 2003.

1. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

I was at the local gunshop today, picking up another snubby and I was keeping an eye out for my Christmas present for myself..... Well, I've always wanted a Browning auto shotgun... Anyway, sitting on the rack is a Browning 2000, 12Ga., fixed choke(**- I think that's I.C.) vent rib. It's in honest V.G. condition, nice wood. stamped on the barrel is "Made in Belgium, Assembled in Portugal". I'd like to find out if it is a decent gun. Are these guns extremely ammo sensitive or do they just have some general preferences? Anyway, if they are good sound guns, I'm definately gonna lay out the $200 and take it home, unless that price is too far out of line..... Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Price is good enough. I'd buy it if it's in decent shape.
  3. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

Thanks!

Thanks CountryGunsmith,
    I'll definately put something down on it tomorrow when I go for my weekend visit there......... He was asking $375, but I'm on the frequent buyer plan. So he said after looking at the gun for 8 years, it's time to sell it... It always pays to be patient, waiting maybe years to buy a specific gun that you want. And never seem too eager...... You usually end up finding what you want eventually, and cheap....... I've been wanting a Browning Auto for many, many years.
    Thanks again,
    Mo
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Mo, that does sound like a good buy.

But as always, CONDITION is everything.

98% - $345.
    95% - $315.
    90% - $295.
    80% - $265.
    70% - $240.
    60% - $210.

And for the most part, they bring more than the book. :)