Browning .338 Win Mag

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by squidly, Feb 3, 2011.

1. squidly

squidly New Member

Just lucked upon a Browning Auto .338 Win Mag. I am looking to do some re-loading and kicked around the thought of looking for a tactical stock for it. I am torn because the stock it is currently in is beautiful. thoughts??
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Tactical and 338 win mag just don't go hand in hand. Certain calibers work with a tactical set up, 338 is not one of those calibers. Its for long distance. tactical stocks don't always bring the comfort needed for long range. And standard stocks don't always fit what needed for close range. Its kinda like sticking a collapsible stock on a 458 Lott. Just not practical. Just my .02:D;)
  3. squidly

squidly New Member

appreciate the info. I believe i will leave this beauty as she is. I would like to luck upon the chance to do a nice Elk hunt in the near future and believe this is the weapn of choice for that hunt. I have my eye on a nice Savage 308 that i believe will fit more with the tactical setup.