Browning A-5 16 gauge

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Lkiek20, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Lkiek20

Lkiek20 New Member

I purchased a Browning A-5 sweet sixteen that had been used quite heavily a couple years ago. I got it for a great price, and it has turned out to be one of my favorite guns to grouse hunt with. Before i bought it it the stock was cut down a couple inches and a recoil pad was put on it. That pad is starting to deteriorate, and i am having trouble finding a replacement pad that fits and still looks good on the gun. I have been trying to find a replacement butt stock but am having trouble finding one for a good price or making sure it will fit. Can anyone point me in the right direction where i could possibly find a new stock.

2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Any competent gunsmith can fit a new pad to your existing stock. There will not be a simple bolt-on pad that fits.

Here is a link to factory new wood for your gun: Midwest Gun Works