1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Browning BAR Trigger Adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 9:53:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Browning BAR trigger question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A local guy asked me the other day if his BAR had an adjustable trigger or if a replacement is available not knowing anything about Brownings (have never even owned one) I told him that I could find out, the gun is marked BAR II and has "SAFARI" engraved into the left side of receiver

AntiqueDr
    (10/16/01 10:10:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Browning BAR trigger question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dont know of any aftermarket triggers available for the BAR. That trigger is not adjustable in the same way a Rem 700 is, but the trigger can be improved some.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 10:16:06 am)
    Thanks for the reply Doc, the gun dosen't have a hard trigger pull just a lot of take up/creep can anything be done? I told the guy if he wanted a real sweet trigger he should have got a bolt action I think I hurt his feelings when I said that the gun was too pretty to take in the woods

AntiqueDr
    (10/16/01 10:27:25 am)
    That mushy-kind of trigger squeeze is the nature of the beast on the BAR's. It can be improved to a degree, but you end up with almost a two-stage trigger. The amount of improvement you get is not worth the money spent to have it done.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com