Browning BAR Trigger Adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 9:53:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Browning BAR trigger question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A local guy asked me the other day if his BAR had an adjustable trigger or if a replacement is available not knowing anything about Brownings (have never even owned one) I told him that I could find out, the gun is marked BAR II and has "SAFARI" engraved into the left side of receiver

AntiqueDr
    (10/16/01 10:10:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Browning BAR trigger question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dont know of any aftermarket triggers available for the BAR. That trigger is not adjustable in the same way a Rem 700 is, but the trigger can be improved some.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 10:16:06 am)
    Thanks for the reply Doc, the gun dosen't have a hard trigger pull just a lot of take up/creep can anything be done? I told the guy if he wanted a real sweet trigger he should have got a bolt action I think I hurt his feelings when I said that the gun was too pretty to take in the woods

AntiqueDr
    (10/16/01 10:27:25 am)
    That mushy-kind of trigger squeeze is the nature of the beast on the BAR's. It can be improved to a degree, but you end up with almost a two-stage trigger. The amount of improvement you get is not worth the money spent to have it done.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com