BROWNING BLR, Belgium

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jerryjackie, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jerryjackie

jerryjackie New Member

I am trying to determine the value of a .243 Belgium made Browning BLR in nearly new condition. Bluing is excellent, wood is very good. Serial number is 20426 K71. It has a Redfield 3X9 wideview scope, also in excellent condition, and leupold one piece mount and rings. I found this rifle in a shop 20 years ago and had the scope mounted on it. It has never been hunted with and shot at the range only a few times. I'd like to sell or trade it for a BLR in .270 WSM which would be a better caliber for my needs. Thanks.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi jerryjackie.......welcome to TFF. :)

If you're planning on selling your .243 Belgian BLR, the Blue Book value (without the 'scope) is:

98% - $550
    95% - $450

If you plan to trade it, the BLR Lightweight '81 Short Action (the only BLR made in .270 WSM), the value in similar used condition is:

98% - $492
    95% - $412
  3. jerryjackie

jerryjackie New Member

Thanks, Xracer for the response. I am a lefty and have been hunting blacktails, whitetails, and pigs with a Belgium made .308 BLR since the mid '60s. I love the BLR and couldn't pass up the .243 in "as new" condition when I ran accross it. I am now hunting more mule deer and elk and was thinking that the .270WSM will meet that need without too much recoil in the same rifle. What do you think about that logic? Or should I stick with my old .308?