Browning Buckmark Pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Airfoil, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Airfoil

Airfoil New Member

I clean this gun every time I use it. I take it right down to the bolt, clean everything, a light coat of remoil and reassemble it. I only use CCI long rifle ammunition. I shoot about fifty to seventy five rounds and it starts to jamb. Is this common for this gun ?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Oil is too thin. Remoil is a good cleaner degreaser but not so much a good weapon oil. You need something that will stay put and actually lubricate the moving parts. I recommend SBGO. Contact woodnut here for a bottle. Hes a retailer for it.

Welcome to TFF!
  3. Airfoil

Airfoil New Member

Thanks I'll try it.
  4. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Whats the FPS of the round?
  5. Airfoil

Airfoil New Member

1235 to 1260 fps depending on round nose or hollow points. The hollow points are slightly faster.
  6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Use a good synthetic CLP oil and then see how long it well run be problems come up. Rem oil is not a quality product. I tend not to clean .22's much and our ruger MKIII will run many hundred rounds with no problems. CCI is a fairly clean ammo so the way you lube maybe an issue. You should use a grease like progold on the high load areas like on the bottom of the bolt where it cocks the hammer during recoil.

Did you chrony the ammo or going buy the box info. That is very fast out of a pistol.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

My Buck-Mark was ammo sensitive when it started to get dirty at 50-75 rounds also.But when I used"round nose"copper plated ammo like CCI mini mags it eliminated the problem.Hollow points and soft nose bullets tended to jam at times.Many guns are ammo sensitive,it's nice to hear feedback on a forum to save you the time and aggrevation of experimenting different types of ammo on your own.Good luck!
  8. Airfoil

Airfoil New Member

I got the fps off the box. It probably is a little slower out of a pistol. The CCI's I use are the mini mags. I never really noticed a difference with the round nose to the hollow points. I'll have to pay more attention. I'll try a little gun grease. Maybe the oil is causing a build up of residue.
  9. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I have a Buckmark. I clean it completely when it starts to jam(over 500 rounds)and then I use 3&1 oil with no problems. I have been using 3&1 for over 40 years because it works for me.:)
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

does it jam with round nose and hollow or just hollow
  11. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Try 1400 or better, I use Vipers in mine.
  12. hansom

hansom Former Guest

I use eezox or G96 on all my guns including my Ruger MIII, NEOS and P22, never an issue.

Remoil is actually a very low quality product, it dries out at the drop of a hat.
  13. ms6852

ms6852 Active Member

It should not jam at all unless you have fired several hundred rounds without cleaning it. I would look at the guide rod and make sure it is not bent. This was the problem with mine when I reassembled it without paying attention. Just look to make sure the rod has not traveled down a bit from recoil. You will notice this because the malfunction will be the brass caught between the slide and the rod. It is an easy fix. I would order two or three from midway or brownells. They are cheap and good for a back up.
  14. Jay

Jay Active Member

My Buckmarks generally digest 300-400 rounds per range outing, but they're cleaned afterwards.

Check out Frog Lube ..... works well for me... http://www.froglube.com/
  15. CHW2021

CHW2021 Active Member

Try cleaning the chamber and bore with a brush to remove any leading; then try other ammo brands. Bring a brush with you to the range and clean only the chamber if it jams that soon, you may be leading the chamber up.
    If you have a second magazine, try using one or the other exclusively to see if it makes a difference.