The Firearms Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BobMcG 
#1 ·
I have inherited a Browning Centennial set from my Father when he passed away and was looking to get an idea on its value. The set contains 4 out of the 5 items. All items appear like new in the box and don't appear to have ever been handled or fired. I can't find a scratch or mark on them.

The set that I have consists of the Jonathan Browning Centennial Mountian rifle Muzzle loader 50 Caliber in a wooden case, a 3 bone knife set in a wooden case, a Browning Centennial B-92 lever action 44 mag and a Browning Centennial Hi-Power in a wooden case. All serial numbers match and as far as I can tell all paperwork and original boxes are here. The items were all purchased New in 1979 by my Father. I have seen a matching set like this minus the muzzle loader on ********* for around 3,500.00. I am not sure if this is a realistic price.

Here is an Imgur link to pictures of the set. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

#6 ·
Very nice set and just maybe not all that out of line with the price either, I mean did you look at the caliber of stock the seller deals in?
Like:
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/winchester-model-21/winchester-model-21-grand-royal-the-most-important-american-shotgun-ever-offered-for-sale.cfm?gun_id=100792444
That is an amazing shotgun. BobMcG, so do you have any idea on a price of my set even with the missing item? I guess what I am trying to ask is if it is more desirable as a whole (matching serial numbers) as opposed to separated out. I am not partial to the muzzle loader but really do like the Hi-power. I wouldn't mind selling the B-92 either. I would then use the money to purchase a Nice Browning over/under. I have always wanted one and still have several of my Fathers firearms that I will never sell due to sentimental value. My prize possession of his is a 1972 (I believe) Sako Vixen .223. That one will never part this family.

#7 ·
I really don't know the value of the set nor if you'd make out better (money wise) by keeping the set together or not. I can't help but feel that you'd possibly be appealing to a smaller audience selling them as a set but, they'd all be gone at once.... might take a while but, it might take a while before they're all gone selling individually too.
I hear you about keeping the sentimental pieces and not letting go as a lot of folks take that stance. Funny you mention wanting a Browning o/u shotgun, I just sold my beautiful Citori White Lightning, Grade III, 12ga not too long ago.

Reactions: ET8300
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.