Browning Citori replacement stock choices

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Kohly, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Kohly

Kohly New Member

Hi All

I have a Japan made Citori Satin Hunter 12 ga. OU, and would like to purchase a used stock for it! Will any 12 ga. Citori stock fit my receiver? I would like to get my gun to fit better, but would prefer to leave the original stock unscaved!

thanks
    Rick
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. Kohly

Kohly New Member

That is very helpful, thank's for the links "trap55". There are a few stocks on ebay at this time. This will help alot in determining if they will work.

thanks again
    Rick
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Rick, the problem with some of those Browning stocks, is they could be someones "salt wood" take off stock. And you wont know it until your shotgun is a rusty mess.
    If you just want a butt stock to fit to yourself, try Macon Gun Stocks. If you have an idea what the length of pull is, and what kind of drop you need, cast off left or right, they'll do it for you.....and probably a helluva lot cheaper than an original Browning stock too.
  5. Kohly

Kohly New Member

"Trap55" thanks again! What is salt wood???
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Wood that was cured, or dried faster using salt. Great idea, and it worked great. Except...
    the wood soaked up the salt, nobody paid attention, and installed them on new guns.:eek: They paid attention later, when customers were returning expensive shotguns that looked like they sat in the ocean for a while.
    Google "salt wood", you'll find more info, and I think there may be even some models and years listed somewhere too.
    BTW...Midwest Gunworks doesn't list any that are salt wood.
    Take a look at some of what Macon offers:
    http://macongunstocks.net/browning_doubles_shotgun_stocks_100.html

Exactly what kind of fit problem do you have with the stock on it now?
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  7. Kohly

Kohly New Member

Interesting, I will look it up and see if there is a chance that the one on Ebay is a salt cured stock!
    My story with the Browning, is that I got back into shooting trap after about a 15 year dry period. I always shot an 870 for hunting and clays. Got real lucky this year on our local 10 week shoot, averaging around 24 at 16 yrds. (lucky). But the 870 isn’t very good for doubles if I want to save my hulls. So I went to this 3 ½ field grade to use and retire my 870. A trap gun would have been better for trap but I am weird, and prefer to use the same shot gun for everything. Even if it handicaps me some. Weird, I know. Sorry about that dull story! Anyway, I have to really get into the stock, to see down the rib, the comb is a smidgen high, and beets my face up some. I am considering installing an adjustable comb, and would like to save the original, as is.