Browning FN 9mm hi power

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by appy68, Mar 8, 2010.

1. appy68

appy68 New Member

Need some info on my Browning FN 9mm. Has Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre----Herstal-Belgique on the slide. On the frame is Policia Prov.BS.Aires-61

Has internal extractor and ring hammer. Serial is 061**. Has Argentine Crest in front of back sight. Gun is in 85% with smooth wooden grips. Anyone know date of manufacture or value?
  2. Danny

Danny Member

:)APPY I am no expert on high powers, though I have always wanted a German military one with tangent sights (WW2). But since there has been no response to your question I can tell ya the value. Since it is a B Airs police pistol it would be of higher value than a standard high power. I collect Lugers, Walthers, etc, but if it were mine, at least over a grand. No less but maybe more. There R more individuals with Browning history that should chime in shortly.
    Take Care
    Danny:)
  3. legacy

legacy New Member

I'm looking for info on the exact same weapon... I also have the aries 61.. I'm no expert, but have been doing my homework, and ill tell ya what I've found.. The avrage model of the FN high power is 500 to a 1000. Some alittle higher, how ever the models made for police, and some military were marked with an argintine crest infront of the rear sight, and on the chamber, I'm not sure why, but according to a blue book on hand guns, quotes this fire arm between 3000 and 6000. Only sighting the crest as the only marking to discern this high power from the rest... I'm working on the browning sight to track down the history on this particular gun... If you know any other info, or can correct me if I'm missinformed, I'd appreciate it... My gun is a flat black, serial 03236 I'm not sure of the year but I was told it was a 1935 model, I have the original box, however it was packed away and got crushed... The gun is 80 to 85% I'm guesing, some minor scratches, and a little minor pitting on the back strap of the handle... Please feel free to contact me, or anyone with any info!!!!! Tattooed@live.com and I have to say,,, its one of the nicest handgun I've owned!! I also had the 1911 45, and I like my 9 better...
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Does yours have a divot in the L/H grip? I've always wondered if there was some kind of ID plate there, or a number stamped, and it was gouged out, but hadn't found anyone else with a BA cop gun. Serial on mine starts with an S, but I can't find anything about a FN P35 with an S-series serial number. S-06xxx.

[​IMG]
  5. jbwall02

jbwall02 New Member

Browning FN 9mm hi power walnut grip origin

Does anyone know where the Walnut wood was from on the FN hi powers ie, Wwhere the tree was chopped down?
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

jbwall02,
    Welcome to the forum!
    Old, turn of the 20th Century, ads that I've seen often mention European Walnut, French Walnut, Circassian Walnut, Turkish Walnut, etc. There are a variety of Walnut tree species in Europe and Western Asia that are suitable for stock manufacturing. Where FN secured their supplies is anybody's guess - but I wouldn't discount Belgian, French or German trees as being a "close-by" source.