1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Browning Hi-Power

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Warlok
    (12/28/02 9:48:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Value of a Hi-Power
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Browning 9MM Hi-Power that I bought about 1970 to 1972. Engraving on the left side of the slide is as follows:

BROWNING ARMS COMPANY MORGAN, UTAH & MONTREAL P.Q.
    MADE IN BELGIUM

Serial no. is 72C46941. It has walnut grips and is in "Like New" condition. I have the original mag, black leatherette case , and owners booklet. I would estimate that I have fired less than 250 rounds through it.

Can someone tell me what this pistol is worth for sale or trade?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/29/02 8:50:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Value of a Hi-Power
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Warlok.....welcome to TFF.

You bought your Hi-Power in 1972.....the first two digits in the serial # are the year it was made.

The current value from the latest Blue Book are:

80% = $300
    90% = 325
    95% = 375
    98% = 440
    100% = 560

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/02 10:22:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Value of a Hi-Power
    X'er got to use his new Book officially!!

As a Hi Power collector myself, I can tell you that the book values are pretty accurate, but low on the low end, as it were. If everything is as you describe it, it should go $500-$600 without much trouble...in my neck of the woods, anyway. Do you still have the box? That would help $$$ wise.