Browning HP 9mm?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JBrass, Nov 7, 2009.

1. JBrass

JBrass New Member

I have a Browning 9mm without a model number on it and I am not sure what it is or what it may be worth. It is marked "BROWNING ARMS COMPANY MORGAN, UTAH & MONTREAL PQ" "MADE IN BELGIUM". The serial number is 76094229 and has a 14 round mag. It is marked CAL 9m/mP on the barrel and there a couple of proof marks on the right side of the trigger guard, but I don't see any other markings. Is it a High Power or some other model?

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

very the same as mine, even the hogue grips

mine adds 'assembled in portugal' and is ambi safety.
    the bbl is stamped 'cal 9mm luger'
    my sights are also fixed, 3 white rectangles rather than dots.

so, ua--its a BHP

shoot it & have fun.
    put some skate-board tape on the back strap: increase your grip & hide the ugly:D
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Unquestionably a Belgium-made Browning High Power. A very fine 9mm pistol. Mine wears the same Hogue grips as the one pictured.

Later ones also came in .40 S&W.