Browning Light 12 gauge shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JMACKEY, Oct 5, 2008.

1. JMACKEY

JMACKEY New Member

I would like to find out about this shoutgun,it belonged to my father.On the gun it has 2G under these #it has 73104 under where shells goes in.IT was made in Beligum,it has a 26''improved cylinder barrel,and my father also had another barrel to go on it.The shotgun is in fair to good shape.Would like to know the year made if possible and value of shotgun.Don`t want to sell,just wanted to find out about it. Found a little more on shotgun ,has Browning Light 12 gauge and made in St.Louis,Montrel PQ on it also.Maybe this is enough imfo.,to find out about it . Thanks Joyce!!!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. rick morris

rick morris New Member

J Macky your browning is a modelA5 made in 1962 and is a light weight the serial number after the cg indicates the the number in order it was made that year .I think these early A5s are the best looking of all . I have a 69 model marked 69g but they changed the style of the pistol grip in 67 .Hang on to your shotgun and keep it as original as possible to appraise it pictures will be required and any original documents original box anything relivant to the firearm but a off the wall estimate on your discription I would say anywhere from 600.00 to 800.00 but this could change as this Joke of a presidential race continues. Keep them ready and keep them clean