Browning pump 22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Deadeyedick, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Deadeyedick

Deadeyedick New Member

I have a friend that wants to sell the following gun,he wants a fair value as well as I want to pay a reasonable price to purchase it.It would be nice is somone could tell me how old it is, what model it is,and a fair asking price for it. Overall condition I would say is well used,wood is good,reciever is engraved with the owners name,but lightly. Has numbers 34375 on it and the following : Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique. Thanks.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

In the condition you describe, $200 give or take a few bucks.
  3. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Former Guest

Boy deadeye dick, you don't want much do you..

It's a old relic that is worth about $350 in mint condition and as little as $.50 if it does not work...

If he has it and you want it pay the man and get on with life.

Life is too short to squabble over pennies...

The worst thing to do is to buy something off a friend.. Usually it is junk and that is why they are getting rid of it and even if they never had a problem with it in the 30 years that they owned it. U can be sure that within a week something will break and you will get mad at him and it will probably be the end of your relationship.
  4. Deadeyedick

Deadeyedick New Member

Thanks for your comments,if this helps,here is a picture of it:
    [​IMG]
    Any more info on this would be great!
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

A friend that "used to be" never was.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I couldnt leave this one alone...If I bought it off a friend it could blow up in my face and never "end" anything but my eyesight.

Deadeye...hand the man two bills and both of you will be okay.

Crpdeth
  6. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

your brng 22 is a "trombone" model made between 1922 & 1974. Not 2 B confused with the later "squareback" model that followed several years later. it has a value range of $275 (poor) --$900 NIB which is WAY off. the trombones R highly collectible among Brng people. I have a trombone in 95+% with a Brng 4x scope mounted. wood not take less than $800 IF I was gonna sell it. never seena NIB which I think wood bring upwards of 2K in todays market. cant tell from yur pic if it has the (wheel site) or just plain open. the wheel site adds $$$
    chek bore and operation if all is well and U like it BUY IT.
    they T neet lil popguns. great 4 tree rats etc.:cool:
  7. Mark

Mark New Member

I'll bet you're sorry you asked!

That is a trombone gun, and if all original is worth about $400 in the condition pictured. I can't see well enough to determine if the stock has been refinished, bluing has been touched up, or any repairs have been made.

If the pictured gun were mine, and the condition is honest, I don't think I'd cut it loose for $400 though. Those are hard to come by.
    Mark
  8. Deadeyedick

Deadeyedick New Member

Great info guys, thanks for the help! The stock has been poorly refinished,varnish on the reciever,etc,here is a couple more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I bought one like it in '04 for $250.00 About the same condition, shoots "good" but stays in the rack.
  10. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Former Guest

So basically you came here then to see if you got ripped off.