Browning Superposed Diana Grade Cased Set

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wallacejp, Sep 30, 2008.

1. wallacejp

wallacejp New Member

I have a Browning Superposed Diana Grade Cased Set Shotgun with four barrels, 12 Ga, 20 Ga, 28 Ga, and .410 Ga. The serial number is 5261 S72 (made in 1972). The set is mint and never been fired. It was made in Belgium.
    Can you give me an appraisal of its worth? Thank you. John Wallace, Greenville, NC
  2. b79holmes

b79holmes New Member

My price guide only summarizes the Superposed shotguns.
    If it does not have salt wood damage, a single Diana shotgun NIB is $8,500.
    The full multi-gauge set could be double or triple that.
    You can check the web auction sites, which I find to be high.
    There is also a 'well know' (but I forget the name at the moment) auction house in Maine and their last catalog listed a lot of high end shotguns including a lot of Superposed shotguns. They might be your best contact to get an accurate legit. price.
    Bill
  3. b79holmes

b79holmes New Member

James D. Julia, Fairfield ME.

My limited experience with antique auction houses is they will give you a ball park price for free, maybe even over the phone. A written appraisal, for insurance purposes for example will cost you $$$.

Bill