Browning T series Hi Power 9mm - 1969? Exc cond.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MissManaged Muppet, Dec 9, 2010.

1. MissManaged Muppet

MissManaged Muppet New Member

Hello again!
    Heres the 9mm Browning I mentioned in my first post (~ Walther PPK/S)

I'm only just starting researching into- not only this piece but Brownings in general. I know nothing about Brownings except that they're da** good quality guns (and that my rifle is even a real pleasure just to hold).

I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding info, thanks especially to ya'll here on this forum. In the mean time, if anyone here could tell me if I'm right in thinking that this gun was most likely made circa 1969 (as the Walther was, so would make sense as I believe they were bought around the same time).

Says "Browning Arms Company St. Louis Mo & Montreal P.Q - Made in Belgium" on one side, serial no. above trigger on the other - T2735**, stamped CAL. 9m HP on chamber with proof mark that looks like it maybe wants to be a sack of gold, or rocks, with a squiggle in the middle, same proof mark stamped same side around the trigger guard, with that sqiggle - (possibly a flawed "N") by its lonesome on opposite side trigger guard- and thats it.

Came across something about the 'T' series being of greater value than others, but no explanation for it.
    -Can anyone tell me if this is so, and why that would be?

This gun is in excellent condition, any idea of value?

Thanks alot for any info!

~MissManaged Muppet

Attached Files:

2. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Hi Powers are not cheap, my guess is about a Grand.

Denny G.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

between 900 and 1100 bucks is my estimation of the value. and yes the T bring a few more bucks. the serial number doesn't make sense the T series ended in 1969 with the serial number 261*** according to my browning book. after that they went to the C series. maybe a transitional piece made very early on in 1970 ? i'm sure someone with alot more knowledge will wander by and nail it for you, but at least you have some information as shakey as it might be. by the way nice gun :)
  4. MissManaged Muppet

MissManaged Muppet New Member

Well, Thank You, both, for givin me somthin to start with.

Only thing I can think of about the "odd" serial ending is that I read somewhere something about the serial no. records not being kept as well as I guess they coudl've been-from some time earlier in their production til... well, I really dont remember when it was that the article had said. Shoot. Oh well.

Oh - forgot to say that I still have both clips and holster for the browning.
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

During the last three months I have been to at least five gun shows and have seen about a half dozen T series High Powers in excellent condition offered for an average of $800. If accompanied by the original Browning pouch, spare mag, and instruction booklet, mint ones do get up to $1000.
  6. biest666

biest666 New Member

Hey your the first person that I found that has kinda the same pistol as me
    It a fabrique nationale d'armes de guerre-herstal-belgique 9mm. it also says
    browning patent depose- this all being on the left side.
    serial # is T2494**
    I know its was made in 1968-69 and its worth around $800, but mines kinda unique in a way that its either Nickel plated/stainless steel/chromed. I cant tell.

I was wondering if that adds to my guns value

also the serial # shows up 3 times on the slide, barrel and side

I really need an answer.
    a reply would be cool but if you email me at nathanfb1@yahoo.com, the would be awesome and I can provide pic through email
  7. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

You do realize that this thread was last posted in Dec 2010?