The Firearms Forum banner

browning value

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave Fox 
#1 ·
Hello gun guys. This is my first post. My father bought a belgium browning 20 gauge new many years ago. He's 85 and wanting to see what the value is. I THINK the S/N is 14319. There is a 7Z 14319. It's in perfect condition. A Belgium site seemed to indicate it is a 1959. The gun is absolutely perfect. I'm not sure where I'd try to sell it for him.

Any input is welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If I had kids, I'd gladly trade my second-borne for that gun. Can you find a model number or name on the barrel? I think it's an Auto-5, but the Browning site doesn't acknowledge a 7Z prefix; this series had serial numbers beginning with #M or #G, no #Z. It could be that the 20 ga guns used a different letter, but the first character is the date - 1957, probably.

Armed with more pictures, especially of any part that shows a marking, and the name of the model, I can check on the value tomorrow at work. The shop owner is a certified appraiser, and we have a couple of customers who specialize in collecting Browning products I can call if he hasn't a clue.

#4 ·
That serial number is making me crazy, Dave. John Browning designed a lot of advanced firearms and sold the rights to others for manufacture. FN was one of his primary customers. I'm wondering if this weird serial number was assigned by FN for a lot that was contracted by some other customer, under license from Browning. I wish someone smarter than me would wander along... I really want to know!

Reactions: joe45c
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.